Norwich Amateur Brewers - Brew Like A Monk (14 October 2023)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
....aaannndd a big thank you to our friends at Crossmyloof Brewery Supplies for their AMAZING support in the form of BELGIAN YEAST!
Thanks!
https://www.crossmyloofbrew.co.uk/

Attachments

• PXL_20231010_172020206.jpg
    PXL_20231010_172020206.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 0
....aaannndd a big thank you to our friends at Crossmyloof Brewery Supplies for their AMAZING support in the form of BELGIAN YEAST!
Thanks!
https://www.crossmyloofbrew.co.uk/
Oooh, nice. I have a brew just finishing conditioning at the moment that used CML Belgian ale. It tasted spot on for what I was aiming for when it came out of the fermenter.

Oh. And given we're all saying it, I'll join in the group going "mines not a winner" too! (Doesn't fit naturally into any of the BJCP categories, but tastes rather nice).

Oooo! You lovely people! Will be posting some photos of unboxing on Thursday/Friday night!

Happily received a big box of yeast from our friends at Crossmyloof Brewery Supplies earlier today - 'it's always a pleasure to get a brew on' as they say.
We're at that point where everything is in place....now we just all need all the beer + judges to turn up......
Jim and I are on the 9.06 from Ipswich

(doesn't quite have the gravitas as the 3.10 to Yuma)

Is it fish and chips for lunch like last year?

Oh. And given we're all saying it, I'll join in the group going "mines not a winner" too! (Doesn't fit naturally into any of the BJCP categories, but tastes rather nice).

I'll break the mold....I've got two cracking beers in this comp and expect to walk away with nothing, but hope to walk away with something.

Oooo! You lovely people! Will be posting some photos of unboxing on Thursday/Friday night!
Hi, currently the beers are all marked as received (i guess because of the software to stop edits or something like that iirc?) so will this indicator be reset as part of the unboxing/check-in's so that we know the beers have actually made it ok please?

Thanks!!..

Hi, currently the beers are all marked as received (i guess because of the software to stop edits or something like that iirc?) so will this indicator be reset as part of the unboxing/check-in's so that we know the beers have actually made it ok please?

Thanks!!..
THanks @aolcot - you've got it! Software/lockdown etc...all beers marked as reeceived.

We are unpacking Friday + will only know at that point what hasn't arrived.
Two things:
- if the beers arrive late, they will be judged by 2 BJCP judges and we will get you feedback - but you won't be in the running for prizes
- I will attempt to get a 'not here' list up on socials at close of play Friday (easier that way round...)

Took a drive out to Ampersand Brewery with all the stuff for Saturday + unboxed what was there. Here is 'Brother Keith' praying, the best packaged beers(!), and the unboxed crated beers.

More to follow tomorrow....

Attachments

• PXL_20231012_185014201.jpg
    PXL_20231012_185014201.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20231012_183023010.jpg
    PXL_20231012_183023010.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20231012_185953153.jpg
    PXL_20231012_185953153.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 0
For those (like me) that sent in bottle conditioned beer, what allowances are made for cloudy beer due to the shaking of transport/unpacking?

For those (like me) that sent in bottle conditioned beer, what allowances are made for cloudy beer due to the shaking of transport/unpacking?
THis is a good question. I can say that care was taken in unpacking. I can also say that in all likelihood less care was taken in transport.

A good portion of the boxes were (for example) shoe boxes, where the beers are inevitably on their side.

ONe of the reasons why Keith and I went over last night to unpack was to help reduce the impact of this issue - an extra day right-way-up atg 5C.

In terms of appearance, allowance is (in my BJCP experience) always made for cloudy beer post courier. It is likely that Keith (head judge) will instruct judges to take account of this.

Cheers

Martin

I thought about it, and decided not to - whilst it amused us last night, (and I did post the pringles tubes!) I decided to steer clear of public **** taking.
The right choice, I think.

Although sending beer in Panda Pop bottles should result in public flogging.

No broken bottles is a result.

How many are entries are left to come in?

The right choice, I think.

Although sending beer in Panda Pop bottles should result in public flogging.

No broken bottles is a result.

How many are entries are left to come in?
I can neither confirm or deny the presence of panda pop bottles...(nodding head)
Will do numbers after tonight's unpacking..
Cheers

Latest posts

Back