Norwich Amateur Brewers - Brew Like A Monk (14 October 2023)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi folks, I've just emailed out all entrants, and thought I'd post it here as well:

There's exactly one calendar month until the competition, so it's time for an update.

What you need to know + do:
  • Entry editing will be locked 30th September
  • Shipping window for beers is 6th - 13th October to Norwich Amateur Brewers, Ampersand Brew Co., 27-31 Sawmills Rd, Diss, IP22 4GG. (This address is Ampersand's taproom, so if you are local you can drop off during their normal opening hours)
  • Action Points: edit your entry + ship the beers in a timely manner
Other stuff:
  • As of today, there are 115 paid entries from 87 brewers.
  • Our hosts, Ampersand Brew Co are absolute legends - your beers will be stored in their cold room + brought out 2-3hrs before judging.
  • We have a rich blend of pro-brewers and BJCP judges lined up for the day. Beers of Europe are providing calibration beers for each Belgian style, helping our judges to focus accurately on each style.
  • The Malt Miller are our main competition sponsor + are generously providing prizes.
  • Additional sponsors include Inkbird, CML and Lallemand.
  • We are grateful to all our supporters.
We are all united by our common love of brewing - the highs and the lows. Norwich Amateur Brewers are proud to be part of this homebrew community.

Cheers!

Martin, Rich, Keith, Danny
BLAM Organisers

Came home to a box of goodies from Beers of Europe - Callibration beers for the judges.

Attachments

• PXL_20230915_163849454.jpg
    PXL_20230915_163849454.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 0
As usual, mine is falling outside the categories 😂. To fruity for a dubbel, to low in punch and alcohol for a "strong dark"

Just dropped mine off as well.. Never brewed a Belgian style beer before, and generally don't actively drink the style either, but somehow I lucked out with something seriously crushable!.. no idea if it really fits the category I've put it into, so looking forward to the feedback :laugh8:

But if nothing else, thanks to this comp theme, I'll defo be looking to brew something like this more often - this keg really isn't going to last long!

Oooo! You lovely people! Will be posting some photos of unboxing on Thursday/Friday night!

Happily received a big box of yeast from our friends at Crossmyloof Brewery Supplies earlier today - 'it's always a pleasure to get a brew on' as they say.
We're at that point where everything is in place....now we just all need all the beer + judges to turn up......

Mine is definitely not a winner, I have little hope for it. Have had some strange bottling issues and I have never tasted the style I brewed, so crapshoot in the dark. But hey, get some feedback!

Latest posts

Back