Possibly a daft question(s)!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In a moment of shear stupidity i added boiling water to a PET bottle and it shrank and got completly deformed to I would be causious adding them to the boiling wort. the other issue you may have is 2 bottle will not be enough to get it to pitching temp so the subsequent bottles will not get steralised.

gurtpint said:
Do you have a bathtub? You could chuck the pot there and then add cold water and frozen bottles. Not recommended for electric boilers, though :mrgreen:

I think this is the way to go, even if you use a FV to cool the wort (plus you will not need to steralise the FV)

anyone ever tried to carry a 23 litre bucket filled with hot liquor from the garden through the house up the stairs to a bathroom... :grin:

Makes you popular in the house.... especially bath night.

piddledribble said:
anyone ever tried to carry a 23 litre bucket filled with hot liquor from the garden through the house up the stairs to a bathroom... :grin:

Makes you popular in the house.... especially bath night.

Herein lies the problem.
I will be sterilising the bottles with VWP too so the infecton possibillitys will be minimal.
Im going to do a trial run with plain boiling water to see how efficient the cooling capabilities of this method are.

Andy

Back