Pressure fermenting

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Perhaps it was Dr Chris White on a flying visit.

Everyone's a liar and/or **** brewer. šŸ˜‚
A lair?
I can honestly say since i got the inkbird and fermented at correct temps under pressure my beers are really good, we are home brewers Foxy does it matter how you brew as long as you are happy with the end result, i would say that most folks out on a Saturday wouldn't know a good pint if bit them in the ass come on castlemaine,vb, fosters, even we have p-ss water for the general public
As I have said it doesn't bother me how people brew but does when the say they are making the best beer pressure fermenting at 35C and 10 PSI!
It doesn't take a lot of logic for home brewers to just ask themselves, why doesn't John Palmer, Gordon Strong, Dave Miller, Tim O'Rourke and other well know home brewing writers ever write about fermenting under pressure, why are the Pro Brewers on their forum not pressure fermenting. A simple question to ask ones self.

A lair?

As I have said it doesn't bother me how people brew but does when the say they are making the best beer pressure fermenting at 35C and 10 PSI!
It doesn't take a lot of logic for home brewers to just ask themselves, why doesn't John Palmer, Gordon Strong, Dave Miller, Tim O'Rourke and other well know home brewing writers ever write about fermenting under pressure, why are the Pro Brewers on their forum not pressure fermenting. A simple question to ask ones self.
You do know that time move's on, Have you ever brewed in a presser fv at 10 psi, as said above brewery's are not geared up to do it we as homebrewers are, don't keep knocking it try it

You do know that time move's on, Have you ever brewed in a presser fv at 10 psi, as said above brewery's are not geared up to do it we as homebrewers are, don't keep knocking it try it
As I have said tried it many times with ale and lager, breweries do carbonate at 10 to 15 at the end of fermentation, so they can do it but choose not to. Just go on Pro Brewer to see why.

Perhaps it was Dr Chris White on a flying visit.

Everyone's a liar and/or **** brewer. šŸ˜‚
Chris Whites visit to Keg King.
1680466467521.png

Quite simple really, people enter BJCP competitions but it doesnā€™t mean the beers will be judged by certified judges. The score sheets will have the judges ID number on the top right hand corner. The biggest problem is a lot of brewers start brewing and before they really get to grips and master the art they jump to pressure fermenting. Patience is a virtue in producing fine lagers and ales. So some brewers before they do get to grips with making a really good lager or ale get on the bandwagon of pressure fermenting and not having made a decent beer traditionally only have their sub standard beers to compare it to. A decent lager, Pilsner cannot be expected to be fast tracked and still resemble one that has been made low and slow as the German Master Brewer put it.
Yes, I know how to read a judging sheet, but Iā€™m not going to visit the website for a competition from 11 months ago to post my scoresheets on here just to prove to you that both judges were BJCP qualified. They were, and there was no no mention of it ā€œnot tasting like a lagerā€.

So are you going to tell me what made your pressure fermented lager not taste like a lager, or are you going to keep deflecting the question?

Last edited:
You are literally the only poster in this thread who has mentioned making ā€œthe best beerā€ at 35C and 10PSI

Got 140L of LLal Novalager @ 10psi fermented @ 10*C now @ 2*C yeasties dumped.
I think that this is the best Lager I've brewed to date!
There may be something to this pressure fermenting after all. :beer1:

Maybe the keyboard brewers who ain't tried it yet shouldn't say owt till they do?

Gets a glass of raw pressure lager + popcorn and waits for the fun,,,,,,,,,,,,;):rolleyes:

You are literally the only poster in this thread who has mentioned making ā€œthe best beerā€ at 35C and 10PSI
Must have a dodgy regulator. He's lost 6psi over this thread.
just don't believe that applying a 16PSI pressure at the at the start of fermentation at 35C is going to result in making a good beer.

Maybe the keyboard brewers who ain't tried it yet shouldn't say owt till they do?

Gets a glass of raw pressure lager + popcorn and waits for the fun,,,,,,,,,,,,;):rolleyes:
Did you notice a slower ferment? That is pretty cold for a pressure ferment. And you brew 140L at time?

Would that be the Keg King that make, promote and do youtube videos on equipment for pressure fermenting?

Looks happy to be there, almost like an endorsement.
Of course, he is he is making money, as I said it is money being made by the home brew industry pushing the pressure fermenting. When running a business that business needs to keep improving in the sales, without sales growth the business stagnates.
This is why the only people who push the pressure fermentation, are those making money from it or getting free gear from promotions. 95% of the populace are gullible, it is a human trait which keeps the economy buoyant.

I am not talking carbonating at 10- 15psi, i am brewing at 10psi read the post
I said that commercial brewers have the capacity of pressure fermenting, but only use pressure to carbonate.

Yes, I know how to read a judging sheet, but Iā€™m not going to visit the website for a competition from 11 months ago to post my scoresheets on here just to prove to you that both judges were BJCP qualified. They were, and there was no no mention of it ā€œnot tasting like a lagerā€.

So are you going to tell me what made your pressure fermented lager not taste like a lager, or are you going to keep deflecting the question?
Somehow knew that was going to be the answer. šŸ˜‚

2017 was when I tried it, not commenting on something I haven't done.

After reading a few of the articles at brulosophy it seems like pressure fermenting warm still produces esters and if a non-pressurized ferment is warm there will be little difference. But there is a difference was pressure fermenting warm lager vs cold non pressure fermented. It seems though people prefer a warm fermented lager though....

https://brulosophy.com/2020/07/30/e...-at-ale-temperature-the-bru-club-xbmt-series/

Somehow knew that was going to be the answer. šŸ˜‚
And somehow I knew I wasnā€™t going to get an answer to the original question I asked.

Starting to get the impression it was bad brewing rather than an issue caused by pressure fermenting šŸ˜‰

This is why the only people who push the pressure fermentation, are those making money from it or getting free gear from promotions. 95% of the populace are gullible, it is a human trait which keeps the economy buoyant.
Gullible humans buying FV unnecessarily rated to 35 psi.

Attachments

• 81776-IMG-4336.jpeg
    81776-IMG-4336.jpeg
    49.5 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back