Signing off indefinitely.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i can understand people getting heated in a forum, but if i dont like what someone is saying, i ignore them,
i dont like folk leaving on any terms, were all here to contribute and support each other in our "Hobby"
im sorry to see you leave, :-(

Hi!
What has gone wrong with this forum? It used to be full of advice like, "Well this is what I do . . . " or "Try this . . . " or "In my experience . . . " Now it's, "Thou shalt not . . ."
It's becoming like a religious schism, with grim faced, humourless men driving away honest-hearted homebrewers who have the respect of many members.

I think we would all agree that there may be the odd occasion where a member disagreeing with another members advice may save a ruined brew but it not something i have read often.

As with any hobby there are always those that think they can do it better than everyone else and think they know everything,yes there are a couple of gob****es on here as well mate but don’t let them put you off,I find your input informative and amusing and the forum would definitely be a poorer place without you.
Hope you reconsider buddy 👍
Just for the record, I haven’t called anyone in particular a gob****e !!
I may be one of them 😂

Ah, good old The Internet

Sorry to see @Dutto go. Always good for advice and mental DIY projects. Take care fella & get yerself back here ASAP ;)

As a <science type> though, I've certainly no issue with what I've seen The Accused post in terms of his overriding message. Maybe the delivery is the issue? Although, playing Devil's Advocate: with any text based communication like a forum, it can be difficult to infer intended meaning from a lot of messages. Anyhow, it's none of my business so I'll shut up :D

[and show off my sig :P ]

Lol, the only way I'll be leaving is via a ban / death / imprisonment etc, or if someone scientifically proves that flaked barley causes a haze when my experiences say the opposite.
Used that flaked barley in my stout and can't see a bloody thing for it.....

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

People and their hobbies.

What I have with this is that people who have a hobby, sometimes they get so obsessed with it, that they don't do any introspection about themselves, their hobby and the people around them.

My late father in law did this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vinkensport.
And he was so obsessed with it that he almost never made trips, and a big part of his life and the way he treated people around him was purely caused by this. He was in his heart a good man, and I liked him, but because of the obsession with his hobby, there was resentment with my wife and his son, and this resentment will unfortunately never heal any more.

So, I think both sides should try to reconcile their obsessions and let them go. I think that Charlie Papazian's RDWHAHB should be thrown around more freely, and taken out as joker card when things get too serious.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vinkensport

That's two things I've learned tonight, what Vinkensport and the acronym RDWHAHB both are.
Sadly, as is common at my time of life, two separate things have now been forgotten to make way for the new stuff. :doh:

@Dutto do what you do best and get back on the forum and spread your wisdom which no doubt shall be passed on with heartfelt thanks.
We all cross paths with people with other views and concepts but its down to you if you let it take you down that path.
You will be missed and that is your choice but do have a thought for others who do respect your advice.

Dutto I know you are a lefty but I didn't expect you to go full snowflake :)
Come back, I know you always want to win every arguement but at least you do it with humour and good grace.

Dutto I know you are a lefty but I didn't expect you to go full snowflake :)
Come back, I know you always want to win every arguement but at least you do it with humour and good grace.
Seriously,my wife would tell you that I'm the biggest argumentative ba£&45rd there ever was....

Many thanks for all the support I have received.

I can't remember a Post getting such a response since someone suggested that Brexit was a "good thing"! :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

I will step back for a few weeks to let myself cool down and activate the relevant "Block" when I get back.

I've read every Post and I thought I would sign off with this quote ....

It was off www.macchomebrew.club I contribute to. Looks like good old Dutto had a good troll around looking for something useful to his cause. ........

... which is exactly WHY I was leaving as opposed to taking a break!

The link IS ON EVERY ONE OF HIS POSTS then, typically, he accuses me of being a troll (*) when I look at it. The Club isn't all that active (only two people posted articles on it in the last year) so finding the article wasn't exactly difficult. :doh:

(*) I presume that he can spell "trawl" and knows what the word "troll" infers on a Forum.

A Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to everyone. :thumb: :thumb:

PS

For the Forum Members who sent me a PM please accept this as my "Reply".

I've read them all but I would have to reply individually and at my age I need my sleep, hence this Post.

Again, many thanks for your support! :thumb:

I can't remember a Post getting such a response since someone suggested that Brexit was a "good thing"! <>

I'll name my next brew "Dutto"!

It wil be made of a leftover tin of LME, old hops and a sachet of Notty :mrgreen:

And it will turn out fine :thumb:

....that's a Nobel prize winning recipe if ever I saw one! Not the science section though...
Have a great Christmas and New Year Dutto! Don't be absent too long...

I can't remember a Post getting such a response since someone suggested that Brexit was a "good thing"! :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

I will step back for a few weeks to let myself cool down and activate the relevant "Block" when I get back.

I've read every Post and I thought I would sign off with this quote ....

... which is exactly WHY I was leaving as opposed to taking a break!

The link IS ON EVERY ONE OF HIS POSTS then, typically, he accuses me of being a troll (*) when I look at it. The Club isn't all that active (only two people posted articles on it in the last year) so finding the article wasn't exactly difficult. :doh:

(*) I presume that he can spell "trawl" and knows what the word "troll" infers on a Forum.

A Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to everyone. :thumb: :thumb:

PS

For the Forum Members who sent me a PM please accept this as my "Reply".

I've read them all but I would have to reply individually and at my age I need my sleep, hence this Post.

See you in the new year

Keep brewing!

People and their hobbies.

What I have with this is that people who have a hobby, sometimes they get so obsessed with it, that they don't do any introspection about themselves, their hobby and the people around them.

My late father in law did this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vinkensport.
And he was so obsessed with it that he almost never made trips, and a big part of his life and the way he treated people around him was purely caused by this. He was in his heart a good man, and I liked him, but because of the obsession with his hobby, there was resentment with my wife and his son, and this resentment will unfortunately never heal any more.

So, I think both sides should try to reconcile their obsessions and let them go. I think that Charlie Papazian's RDWHAHB should be thrown around more freely, and taken out as joker card when things get too serious.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vinkensport
Only slightly related.. my Nan is from West Flanders...

Just thought I'd share that bit of useless information. 🤣

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back