The Coronavirus thread.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dont you just hate bottling day.

eeeeeeeeeee.jpg

Dear Cippy,

Thanks for being the voice of reason and trying to calm some of the more hysterical posters. This forum is brilliant for being informative and tolerant.

Thanks.

Call me Cippy again and you are permanently banned. :laugh8: wink...

Last edited:
I don't think it's unreasonable to say that everyone is fcked. most of us have older relatives? I'm **** scared for mine, they live in France, but they are stuck in Spain at the mo.
On a plus note, Euros 2020 has been binned, so England clearly won by default.

Same here B two parents over 70 and neither in great health, we will be skipping mothers day this year.

Last edited:
...it was madness. Hairdressers open, Wetherspoons as I passed looked absolutely no different than normal.

Sorry to pick on your post specifically..... but it sounds like you're expecting everywhere to be closed.....

We are not on total lockdown; those that are not displaying symptoms should go about their normal business where possible, avoiding large congregations of people. Clearly, I don't know how many people were in Wethers, but I assume that a Tuesday lunchtime is going to be less packed than a Friday or Saturday night.

This video briefing (which starts from 8:32) from No. 10, I think is perfectly clear (specifically at 11:13) "It's important to recognise that it's not to stop everybody getting it. You can't do that...... And it's not desirable..."

If you're aged 70+, or in a category that is particularly vulnerable, you should self isolate for 12 weeks to reduce the possibility of you getting the virus, but also to reduce the strain on the NHS.

The majority of people will get he virus and with mild symptoms. Those that do (present symptoms) can isolate for 7 days (if living alone) or 14 days if living with others and actually we need people to get the virus so that we can increase immunity.

That's how I read it any way.

to chippy
regarding older relatives
hide them now, look after them mate.
that's my worry, likewise yours.
fingers crossed etc

Please carry on with whatever you feel comfortable with Diver.

While true that deaths have not being exclusively confined to the over 70s, I suspect like a lot of people not in a at risk group my concern is for elderly relatives, friends and acquaintances, rather than for myself who hopefully if/when I do catch it, it will be mostly a case of a few days feeling sorry for myself and a few,more feeling board as I wait to stop being contagious.

When will mask wearing become the norm? I was expecting something to be said about it, but so far no mention at all?
My partner has reduced immunity anyway so is in a risk group, but I would feel a prat going to the local shop with a mask on. However once it becomes more of a normal thing to do then I have no problem with it. Almost as if we need telling.

Well that's me and mine on 14 day isolation. Youngest sent home from school with temperature so we're planning food and home schooling for the next two weeks. Set up pc for kids in lounge so I can work in home office. Have about 300 bottles of beer ready or nearly there. Not sure it's enough so will get the kids to help make more on Friday... So it begins

When will mask wearing become the norm? I was expecting something to be said about it, but so far no mention at all?
My partner has reduced immunity anyway so is in a risk group, but I would feel a prat going to the local shop with a mask on. However once it becomes more of a normal thing to do then I have no problem with it. Almost as if we need telling.

I may be wrong but I am sure I read they don't help, when you see them on the TV they rarely fit properly with big gaps not like the ones you see doctors and nurses wearimg, I think they are a bit of a comfort blanket for the wearer.

It's quite normal now in London. Loads of people wear them (as well as latex gloves)

View attachment 23580 at least these chaps are happy...my little pond is a mass of frogs ..I can hear the croaking from inside

I could never understand why the French were prepared to rip the legs off frogs and eat them ...

... and then one night we moored our boat near a disused Frog Farm on the Canal du Midi.

By 3am I was looking for a long knife and a frying pan!

Ireland is in lock down. Taoiseach has just made a public announcement on RTE. Looks like schools and pub's will be staying closed past the 29th of march to try and stop the spread of the virus.

Back