What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't worry Dutto I never felt a thing, don't know how many I had but my scare runs from 3 inches bellow my navel to the start of my sternum and a trainee did it under supervision, get well soon and enjoy your ale acheers.:beer1::beer1:

Just sampling a simply bitter I did, I bought a 500g bag of dme off amazon and when it came it was the pre hopped stuff so in effect its been double hopped, taste wise it has a slight citrusy flavour up front then the bitterness hits you not in a bad way I reckon its easily in the 60 + range, its a good job I like my bitters will try again in a week acheers.

Dutto I know the feeling...but,my hip scar was GLUED! It did burst open a tiny bit when I was up on sticks 6 hours after the op but they stuck it back shut! The scar I have is a very feint "pencil line" now.

EA69CD21-9599-4219-9573-E461334D71AB.jpeg
Just opened up a keg of a basic Yorkshire Bitter I brewed at the end of January. It’s a nice basic bitter with a good malt flavour.

It was a little more lively than I would prefer, which made drawing a pint a bit time consuming. However overall it’s a nice easy drinking session beer (3.8%).

My mosaic IPA which did have a soapy bitterness, but is starting to mellow as the hops fade, now very fruity and pretty damn drinkable.

Then a Westmalle dubbel, and finally my 9.25% DIPA.

I passed out after that :laugh8:

Some offerings from tiny rebel. Club tropica is nice but very nice on draught. Cali pale is ok. Shake down IPA was a let down. Should have known better but I didn't look at the abv. Doh!

This is the mild I brewed 2 weeks ago. 2 weeks from grain to glass, I was going to have a ordinary bitter after this but returned it for a second long neck of mild. I should brew this more regularly. Delicious.
Did some hard yakka today 2 big tree stumps removed used a German and Bottle jack, axe, crowbars and shovel. Plus two mates. When you watch Time Team and see what stone age man achieved using antlers and flint axes, you have to wonder how they did it.
001.JPG

Dutto I know the feeling...but,my hip scar was GLUED! It did burst open a tiny bit when I was up on sticks 6 hours after the op but they stuck it back shut! The scar I have is a very feint "pencil line" now.
Wasn't Super glue developed to stick GI Joes back together in the Vietnam war?? Certainly bloody efficient at sticking fingers together when it goes a bit Pete Tong...!!!

Two things have happened over the last two days!
  1. The dressing partially fell off and I got a photograph of some of the clips.
  2. SWMBO told me that the Sweet Newky Brown had run out and asked me what else she could get me: so I ventured out and poured myself the the Hoppy Copper Bitter shown in the photograph.
I advise that the squeamish out there stop looking right now ...

... and any jealous ones stop looking at what "Gravity + Time" will do for clarity! :tongue: :tongue:

I'm off back to have my afternoon nap! Enjoy!

IMG_1673.jpg

IMG_1677.jpg

15836702948971711603746007441875.jpg

Saw this comedy sized can in B&M and just had to buy it. I pictured it next to a 330ml bottle for scale. Anyone tried it?

Edit - I'd forgotten what mass produced lager tasted like. Pretty bland and boring, oh well bottoms up!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back