What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also strange-Steve hope you keep us posted on your attempts at an espresso martini, as would like to give, it ago myself. Although I might try it with a bit more coffee and a bit less Vodka 100ml seems a tad much for my taste)
Turns out 100ml each of vodka and kahlua is quite a lot especially after a couple of beers [insert "slightly sozzled" smiley].

OK this is espresso martini v2.0 (v1.1 with the added Bailey's was quite nice but not a martini) which is 80ml each of espresso and kahlua, and 40ml vodka. Another change is that I actually shook this one properly with ice, which I read causes the foamy, creamy quality.
5uRcJCa.jpg

Well this is much better. Really delicious and it does in fact have the creaminess that was missing in the previous version. It's almost perfect, I think the only little tweak I'd make to the next one is to make the espresso a little stronger, the coffee I used was probably actually more of a lungo than an espresso.

Last edited:
It's amazing how many posts are people drinking bought beers.
It is amazing. I'm drinking bottle Pilsner Urquell, which has always been my favourite pilsner. It's a while since I had it and it tastes a tad sweeter and less bitter than I remember it. Any other drinkers of this particular brew noticed anything? Has it been messed around with?

I'm trying to empty the Growler containing the IPA with Grapefruit Juice so that I can set up some English Bitter and (when it's finished fermenting) some Lager.

"Bad News" is that it hasn't yet cleared but "Good News" is that it tastes a lot less harsh and is almost palatable. I still have another 10 litres in a PB so I can leave that for a few more weeks to see how it gets along and in the meantime emptying the Growler won't be too much of an onerous task! :beer1:

IMG_1683.jpg

PS I know the glass is dirty but I'm not prepared to tell her and I can't get my hand inside!

OK this is espresso martini v2.0 (v1.1 with the added Bailey's was quite nice but not a martini) which is 80ml each of espresso and kahlua, and 40ml vodka. Another change is that I actually shook this one properly with ice, which I read causes the foamy, creamy quality.
5uRcJCa.jpg

Well this is much better. Really delicious and it does in fact have the creaminess that was missing in the previous version. It's almost perfect, I think the only little tweak I'd make to the next one is to make the espresso a little stronger, the coffee I used was probably actually more of a lungo than an espresso.

I did wonder if you might not have given it a good enough thrashing. Glad to hear it’s coming together!

Having the first bottle of my Catcher Rye Beer. First Rye I've brewed or tasted. Tastes different but good. I had low efficiency 61% would this be due to the Rye malt. Anyway used CML US and came out at 4.7%.

My eldest daughter (the one that guzzles my plum porter) bought me a box of beers, pictured.

View attachment 23762

The can on the right is very different - to me the first taste is cherry pie (really), then a salted caramel comes through, and finishes with vanilla. I think I like it but one will be enough.
A nice Irish selection there, 8 Degrees is a great brewery.

A selection of craft beers from Aldi and there pretty nice too

My eldest daughter (the one that guzzles my plum porter) bought me a box of beers, pictured.

View attachment 23762

The can on the right is very different - to me the first taste is cherry pie (really), then a salted caramel comes through, and finishes with vanilla. I think I like it but one will be enough.
Where did she buy them if you don't mind me asking

I can’t help but think there’s a connection with St.Patricks day! 🍀
Yes I cancelled my subscription with them and I did see them advertised as a Saint Patrick special.They do some nice beer but unfortunately the last case I got had a few turkeys in them. The peanut butter stout being the main one and the pecan stout

Yes I cancelled my subscription with them and I did see them advertised as a Saint Patrick special.They do some nice beer but unfortunately the last case I got had a few turkeys in them. The peanut butter stout being the main one and the pecan stout

The idea is quite nice, a box of beers including some you might not otherwise have tried is opening your mind. It does mean though that you probably won’t like some and that’s always disappointing.

As it happens I liked all these and for the second time I actually enjoyed the lager. I think I might be on the turn!

The idea is quite nice, a box of beers including some you might not otherwise have tried is opening your mind. It does mean though that you probably won’t like some and that’s always disappointing.

As it happens I liked all these and for the second time I actually enjoyed the lager. I think I might be on the turn!
As Steve said some very good Irish beers in that pack. 8 degree, Galway bay and the white hag all produce some very nice beer

As I have run out of gas (doh!) I'm leaving my two corny kegs alone even though I could probably get a few pints out if them. So I've cracked into my stash of homebrew WOWs that the Mrs isn't too keen on because she says they taste of sandwiches.

Tonight, it's a WOW made from Apple and cranberry, which is actually ok. Mind you, I think it's been maturing for ages.

I've had a rummage in my brew shed and found a tatty box of English ales I had for Christmas 2018...they're about 6 months out of date but taste ok...I had two last night and didn't die so may as well... I've also had a sip on the Jura.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back