What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
TT clone or the real one? I'm busy preserving my stocks...was hoping to brew tomorrow but was waiting for MM delivery today for essential bits... DPD emailed saying it would come today...but it hasn't..booo! They also emailed saying my son's birthday present would be delivered...it's his birthday tomorrow...never mind.

Hiya @Clint!

It’s shop bought, I’ve never made a clone as it happens - although I have followed the Punk IPA recipe so maybe that counts?

If you were local I’d happily put some stock on the doorstep for you to pick up but Kent is some way from Wales and probably not worth your while - offer is there though.

Birthday present must be disappointing, could it still arrive tomorrow? If not, a quick look on Amazon for anything they can deliver tomorrow!

I should’ve put up some pictures, far more interesting so here’s Trinity beautifully back-lit through the window...

827A19F4-F829-459F-8E89-1FB6CE041FA0.jpeg

...and here’s Timmy...

F42B1DED-2C32-4F83-9165-2316459B6C68.jpeg

Enjoy!

I have a TT Landlord currently conditioning.
Will either have a glass of the wife’s wine, or my Citra IPA.

Made it to another lockdown Friday. So it’s non-sharing sharer time!

Attachments

• 8B1D2F04-182A-4B62-A32F-95BF4A4371E3.jpeg
    8B1D2F04-182A-4B62-A32F-95BF4A4371E3.jpeg
    23 KB · Views: 85
What! 3 weeks?

Indeed! Primary at 12.8 degrees (Wyeast 2278) then following the Brulosophy method ramped up to 20 degrees once the attenuation hit 50%. So fermented out after 10 days, then crashed and lagered for a week before transferring to a keg and force carbing to 2.8Vols which only took a few days :beer1:
Edit- no finings were used in this other than a Protofloc tablet in the boil. Crystal clear and fully conditioned. I put this largely down to the yeast strain, I used it years ago and had similar results, but also using RO water and a very small addition of gypsum.

Last edited:
Oh you lucky git I've not tasted that one, how is it? Not cheap I'll bet. Nice to see you have the proper glassware for it too clapa

I think it was about £15, would you believe it there’s a 24 hour Turkish grocers near me that stocks a really good range of European beers that you can’t get in supermarkets, including a lot of German breweries as well as La Trappe, Boon, Tilquin and these. Not on Cantillon’s stockist list though! But definitely a hidden gem of a shop.

As for the beer, it’s really good. It’s nice and spritzy and very light and refreshing for a gueze. There’s more lemony funk and not a lot of in your face acidity. Also ‘only’ 6% so basically a very easy drinking example. Would recommend!

Drinking the Summer Lightening clone that was bottled 21 Feb. Used MJ Liberty Belle yeast for this brew, at the suggestion of @Drunkula and a few others, which I found a bit "estery" or peppery at first, but this is very good indeed now and a fair change from the US05 beers I usually make.

Drinking the Summer Lightening clone that was bottled 21 Feb. Used MJ Liberty Belle yeast for this brew, at the suggestion of @Drunkula and a few others, which I found a bit "estery" or peppery at first, but this is very good indeed now and a fair change from the US05 beers I usually make.

Three of my favourites Liberty Bell, US West Coast, English Ale yeast. Hmmm!

Just one of my own Lakeland Ale (a tribute to Jennings Cumberland Ale) and a McEwan's Champion.

The Lakeland Ale is good, slightly under-carbonated but the First Gold and Challenger hop combo works a treat.

Sierra Nevada pale ale. Still a classic even after 40 years. Not that the one I had was that old, that's how long S N has been making it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back