What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Returned from the Battle of Britain air show a short while ago (good but very cold on that exposed airstrip) to a delivery.

Now having a Cardamom Saison while inspecting the components to build my brew-shed temperature controller. 😍

View attachment 33265

glad this is your project and not mine! my temp control is sticking the fermenters in the garage.

Not very adventurous tonight another pint of my Big Lamp Bitter Clone had to change the soda stream cylinder on my corny which I always get nervous about (never fun when you have CO2 spewing out when trying to screw in the cylinder).

Supping my currently locally available (Lidl) favourite Fruit Chute Ampitude from 71 Brewing
A firm favourite for the moment.
Though I am a bit of a beer whore 😄😄🍺🍺🤘🤘

Attachments

• 20200926_191004.jpg
    20200926_191004.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 47
£6 for a pint! ©®¢¥€$¿ hell, hope it's good ashock1
It is a restaurant, but even so: daylight flipping robbery, the prices round here - just taking the proverbial.
As to the beer, hmmm well when I order something described as a Pale Ale, I generally don’t expect something that looks like orange juice, but I suppose it was time I tried one of those NEIPAs anyhow... it was nice: soft mouth feel; flavour a bit like a very very hoppy lemon sherbet - but without the lemon. Altogether pleasant enough and quite novel, but I’d swap a case of it for one of the Black Sheep I had yesterday.

Moved on to this.

Just wish you could get it in bottles.

Another fav. Cba to put it in the correctly branded glass 😨😂

Attachments

• 20200926_201635.jpg
    20200926_201635.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 53
Next for me is this brown ale, not a style I'm overly familiar with, but it drinks like a light stout. Not bad but not exactly outstanding.
JlS58Ue.jpg

Must admit that seems an unusual combination but if it works then why not.
Agreed. It's a regular brew they do called 'joined at the hop' two different hops each time. Usually English traditional with something more modern(usually European). Went in to get a new Citra pale but noticed this and thought it sounded unusual so gave it a go.

Managed half the Punky and decided I’m not enjoying it- that’s going (handy because I need to brew another bitter and another stout).

Trying a pint of Harlequin. This was intended to be very hoppy. I had no bittering additions but put lots of hops in at 15mins, at hopstand, and as dry hop additions. That’s made the beer smell really fruity and taste bitter (Possibly more Punky than “Punky”!).

It’s not bad if you like intensely bitter ale but I may have to rename it - maybe “Sledgehammer”, again inspired by Brewdog! 😉

CA9F0245-C3CA-4BA7-8B5D-DF64F9EF97B2.jpeg

Been feeling under the weather since Tuesday (nothing more exciting than common cold). Put some effort in today trimming trees so worked up a thirst.
One each of: my Summer Lightning clone, Stockpile IPA and a Not Red lager (finally the diacetyl has gone woo-hoo!).

Now a brief excursion to the dark side with my London Porter clone
rps20200926_212509.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back