What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well. Last night I HAD intended to enjoy some proper job etc etc etc...however I ended up going to my local micro brew bar and very much enjoyed several "REET PALE's" from a Sheffield brewery I now forget the name of. A very tasty 4% - golden ale with floral and honey undertones. great mouth feel and super drinkable. I even had a carry out. Marvellous.

PJ & oakham citra tonight methinks

38F8915C-5A95-47A4-8603-4205B7E9D2CB.jpeg
Brewdog Clockwork Tangerine Session IPA (4.5%)

I am trying to get through some of the odds and ends that have built,up over the Past few months bought a four pack of this about four months ago and have had the final can sitting in the fridge for about three months. It’s not bad the tangerine is very prominent. I wouldn’t turn it down if offered but I certainly won’t be buy it again.

Enjoying the official @Hazelwood Brewery summer breeze!

Poured with plenty of carbonation it's nice and hazy with an orange copper colour.
Aroma is straight up lemons, some pineapple and a solid maltiness with a bit of fruity hard candy in the background.
Flavour is kind of similar to the aroma but it has a really firm bitter to balance out the malt and hops. It has a really nice mouthfeel, plenty of carbonation and doesn't linger although the bitterness does but its not harsh at all.
I rather enjoyed this one, it's very similar to the one I brewed with a couple of small differences yours is more bitter and I think either your citra or galaxy is better than mine. I am getting more lemons and tropical from yours and I get more grapefruit and tropical from mine. I guess this could also be from the yeast.
Thanks for letting me try this one I can see why you go through this fast, it's so easy drinking like a light lager but abundantly flavourful as well.

20201010_153918.jpg

Started off with one of my triples that has been aging for about 6 months... It's cleared up beautifully and I necked it before my camera shutter could catch it.

Now onto my Sorachi Ace Red Rye IPA
IMG_20201010_161521.jpg

It was absolutely disgusting about a month ago, too spicy, harsh alcohol and I could taste the Kveik yeast (which I'm not a fan of). Now it's completely transformed. The Kveik taste is gone, the alcohol has mellowed, as has the spiciness from the rye. It's strong, malty, slightly spicy and has a lovely creamy head, I'm in love. Glad I kept this batch because I was so close to chucking it.

Edit: and for some reason I'm getting chocolate notes from this too. A bit confusing, but nice nonetheless.

Started off with one of my triples that has been aging for about 6 months... It's cleared up beautifully and I necked it before my camera shutter could catch it.

Now onto my Sorachi Ace Red Rye IPAView attachment 33932
It was absolutely disgusting about a month ago, too spicy, harsh alcohol and I could taste the Kveik yeast (which I'm not a fan of). Now it's completely transformed. The Kveik taste is gone, the alcohol has mellowed, as has the spiciness from the rye. It's strong, malty, slightly spicy and has a lovely creamy head, I'm in love. Glad I kept this batch because I was so close to chucking it.

Edit: and for some reason I'm getting chocolate notes from this too. A bit confusing, but nice nonetheless.
what's making it red? chocolate or roasted malts?

if it'll help tell her i can confirm that is is indeed nice ;)
She's a smart cookie, she usually catches on 😂

I'm still working through my birthday beers she bought me. Only one has been a dud so far, and that was probably just an off can as it was an amundsen.

Enjoying the official @Hazelwood Brewery summer breeze!

Poured with plenty of carbonation it's nice and hazy with an orange copper colour.
Aroma is straight up lemons, some pineapple and a solid maltiness with a bit of fruity hard candy in the background.
Flavour is kind of similar to the aroma but it has a really firm bitter to balance out the malt and hops. It has a really nice mouthfeel, plenty of carbonation and doesn't linger although the bitterness does but its not harsh at all.
I rather enjoyed this one, it's very similar to the one I brewed with a couple of small differences yours is more bitter and I think either your citra or galaxy is better than mine. I am getting more lemons and tropical from yours and I get more grapefruit and tropical from mine. I guess this could also be from the yeast.
Thanks for letting me try this one I can see why you go through this fast, it's so easy drinking like a light lager but abundantly flavourful as well.

View attachment 33931
Thinking a little more about this and drinking my version now, I am wondering if the difference in expression of lemon to more grapefruit is actually from the use of wheat, where I used flaked barley. Wheat already gives me a tart lemon like flavour.

I also just noted, I used mosaic and citra, not galaxy. That makes a little more sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back