What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Onto a summer breeze to celebrate!
so the weird galaxy flavour is now evident in my version, or quite possibly llalemand east coast yeast is really a Conan strain. hmmm I guess I need to rebrew with us-05.

20201009_165929.jpg

Kicking off with a 9.2% Tiramisu Stout. Might be an early night!

It is a good example - smooth, sweet, chocolaty, hints of coffee - but a touch cloying if I am critical.

Any recommendations out there for really good stouts that aren't obsessed with adding coffee/cocoa/maple syrup/bourbon/peanut butter? That taste like beer rather than dessert?

Attachments

• 16022617172025751823605562384231.jpg
    16022617172025751823605562384231.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 33
My second attempt at a red ale, which turned out horribly, it tastes like spicy paint thinner.
IMG_20201009_124904.jpg

Followed by my first attempt at a golden ale, which is, even after only ten days in the bottle (I know I jumped the gun a bit, but curiosity got the better of me!), spectacular.

IMG_20201009_173400.jpg

So far the latter is my first AG brew that's genuinely made me realise what all the fuss is about, now comes the excruciating wait until it properly matures to have some more...

Are you getting anything from the sabro hops
I am not sure to be honest, there is not any strong coconut yet. I used about 12% roasted malts so its still a bit acrid. I will pay more attention on the next bottle. I might also do a single hop beer with sabro to get a good sense of what it adds.

I am not sure to be honest, there is not any strong coconut yet. I used about 12% roasted malts so its still a bit acrid. I will pay more attention on the next bottle. I might also do a single hop beer with sabro to get a good sense of what it adds.
I put 100g in the Belgian black rye IPA I sent you. 😁

No photos Im afraid, but started with the first bottle of my 3rd batch of Old Hooky Clone, then a Citra Blonde. Later will be a Best Bitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back