What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
moving on to my oud bruin, this one is really coming together. this has been in the glass warming up for over an hour and still has a remarkable head. I think I need to start brewing more sour beers.

20201010_170426.jpg

Cara rye is the likely culprit although the description sounds amazing. I use chocolate rye often but haven't used this yet, but will definitely soon.

View attachment 33938
That's where the chocolate came from, mystery solved!

Onto my schwarzbier now. Very malty and a little acrid, I should probably leave this another month but it's already very drinkable.
IMG_20201010_174353.jpg

Continuing my quest to find the best local beer I found this peanut butter stout by Bullhouse in Newtownards. It has a nicely judged nutty flavour but it's ruined by being sickly sweet to the point where I don't know if I'll finish it. This is my third beer from this brewery and two so far have been undrinkable.
IB23scH.jpg

image.jpg

I continued my “research” before my NEIPA is ready for kegging next week. Taste on this one was good but it had absolutely no hop aroma whatsoever. In the supermarket NEIPAs I think Brewdog v Cloudwater is the best one I’ve had, closely followed by the Northern Monk one.

Sneaky early taster for my Festival Razorback IPA, barreled after cold crashing 5 days ago and hazy but clearing. Brewed this after reading positive feedback from the likes of Clint and Banbeer and it's certainly lives up to expectations - grapefruity, resiny, hoppy and moreish !
IMG_20201010_181057805.jpg

Continuing my quest to find the best local beer I found this peanut butter stout by Bullhouse in Newtownards. It has a nicely judged nutty flavour but it's ruined by being sickly sweet to the point where I don't know if I'll finish it. This is my third beer from this brewery and two so far have been undrinkable.
IB23scH.jpg
Get it drank!

IMG_20201010_201328176.jpg

First bottle of a batch that's very close to the Greg Hughes' Bier de Garde recipe.
It's about 8% and very very good.
Although it could probably do with a couple of weeks more conditioning.

Lots of fruity and spicy notes coming through.
It's far too drinkable for s beer this strong

Enjoying the official @Hazelwood Brewery summer breeze!

Poured with plenty of carbonation it's nice and hazy with an orange copper colour.
Aroma is straight up lemons, some pineapple and a solid maltiness with a bit of fruity hard candy in the background.
Flavour is kind of similar to the aroma but it has a really firm bitter to balance out the malt and hops. It has a really nice mouthfeel, plenty of carbonation and doesn't linger although the bitterness does but its not harsh at all.
I rather enjoyed this one, it's very similar to the one I brewed with a couple of small differences yours is more bitter and I think either your citra or galaxy is better than mine. I am getting more lemons and tropical from yours and I get more grapefruit and tropical from mine. I guess this could also be from the yeast.
Thanks for letting me try this one I can see why you go through this fast, it's so easy drinking like a light lager but abundantly flavourful as well.

View attachment 33931

It is more bitter than my usual brew because I tried a different dry-hop regime. The previous version was less bitter and more smooth. I’ll revert next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back