Help Support The HomeBrew Forum:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pennine

Landlord.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds awesome
I had made 19l of it and it was not very good in the keg, then I bottled it and it became so much better. I think the oxygen during bottling helped eliminate the sulphur for me. At least that's my alibi with this one.

Columbus was the magic hop here, it's such a great one. Better than the other C's innmy opinion.

obscure

Perpetually Confused
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Yorkshire bitter is now bubbling along which means I need to get drinking my ordinary bitter so I have a spare keg for it.

Hazelwood Brewery

Landlord.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After a decent 1st attempt at a Weiss bier and a Dunkel Weiss bier on the cards I thought it would be best to do some research, to find a Weizenbock in stock at a supermarket was a bonus. The Fullers was mentioned on this forum as being a barley wine and a good one at that... so in the basket that went ๐Ÿ˜
View attachment 35703
There may be trouble ahead...

NormanHurst

Regular.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A bottle of my second crack at a bitter. It's alright but already christened the 'Boring Bitter' by Mrs Norm. There's nothing wrong with it - no off flavours and you can taste the crystal and choc malts - but it doesn't quite hang together. I'm currently thinking that the Nottingham yeast is the culprit, too clean and dry. Maybe it will improve with a bit of age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts