What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
First pint of the American Amber rebrew, and it’s absolutely spot on. Big and malty, with just the right amount of crystal for me. I’ve got @Clint to thank for fixing the hops schedule :hat:
BAE148A2-9390-4802-92BE-C89BA019E06D.jpeg

Starting tonight with a guest beer from @Benfleet Brewery. This one is a 5.5% Cascade Pale Ale.

Very well carbonated with a head forming immediately and dying away quickly as I poured. Once poured the head settled to a light covering over the beautifully clear golden ale, a steady stream of bubbles keeping it fed. Marvellous!

7D44582B-02B0-4431-B8C3-E4BE69557D65.jpeg

The aroma is caramel malt and a touch of grapefruit.

The flavour is lovely - malt with a touch of honey, a slightly floral citrus vibe, and a lovely smooth bitterness to finish. This is a really nice ale and I’m enjoying it very much.

Well done! Arch + E-type.
Just finished, nice one today. Just right for my level of ability. The beer totally helped!!

Used to do Telegraph years ago but never invested the time in the Times. Recently had a crack at the jumbo one over Easter and did ok. Think I will take it up in earnest - not a bad pastime to pursue whilst you have a brew.

Used to do Telegraph years ago but never invested the time in the Times. Recently had a crack at the jumbo one over Easter and did ok. Think I will take it up in earnest - not a bad pastime to pursue whilst you have a brew.
I normally do the DT, an online puzzle subscription is £30 or so a year and Big Dave’s Blog is brilliant. My wife buys the Times but it’s usually beyond me. With all these things I’ve been doing more recently and am starting to get the vibe of their setters. The easy ones are ok, but it has a tendency to get a bit head wrecking towards the end of the week.

Starting tonight with a guest beer from @Benfleet Brewery. This one is a 5.5% Cascade Pale Ale.

Very well carbonated with a head forming immediately and dying away quickly as I poured. Once poured the head settled to a light covering over the beautifully clear golden ale, a steady stream of bubbles keeping it fed. Marvellous!

View attachment 46108

The aroma is caramel malt and a touch of grapefruit.

The flavour is lovely - malt with a touch of honey, a slightly floral citrus vibe, and a lovely smooth bitterness to finish. This is a really nice ale and I’m enjoying it very much.

Ah, thank you. This is the one I made loosely based on a recipe for Sierra Nevada clone in Brewfather. It was the first time I’d used Cara red (obviously it was on special offer somewhere), and I was really pleased with the caramel flavour from it. Hope you enjoyed it 🍻

Ah, thank you. This is the one I made loosely based on a recipe for Sierra Nevada clone in Brewfather. It was the first time I’d used Cara red (obviously it was on special offer somewhere), and I was really pleased with the caramel flavour from it. Hope you enjoyed it 🍻

I did, very much, thank you! I got the caramel more in the aroma. The flavour for me had a touch of honey to it.

This wasn't tonight but @dan125 kindly shared his Westie beer which I had a few nights ago and it was rather yummy. I don't have all the technical terms to describe beer tasting, and for me beers taste very different at different temperatures so will try cold and make notes as they warm up.

View attachment 46105View attachment 46106
Colour Soft orange amber with a contrasting creamy white head that lasts a bit longer than expected and holds the aroma in the glass. the picture in the kitchen looks a bit dull but it was a lot brighter than that, I rather liked the amber colour.
Initial tasting at 4 deg C,
Aroma Pineapple and lychees with a yeast zest in the background
First taste Citric fresh almost sharp with the carbonation , middle: bitterness without astringency. Lime and gooseberry predominates with a smooth rounded bitterness.
Ends on bitter stone fruit like nectarine but without the sweetness.
I felt that the initial fizz did overwhelm some of the lighter fruit flavours but the carbonation did fade fairly quickly which I liked.
Overall very refreshing, a good summer day beer. As the beer warmed to about 10 -12 degrees some of the lychee taste fades with the stone fruit taste predominant. I liked this best fresh from the fridge when it held onto the lighter aromas.

Anna
Thanks Anna.
I'm wondering if I picked up a bit of oxidation in the bottle looking at it compared to the keg 🤔
20210428_195732.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back