What are you drinking tonight 2021?

Help Support The HomeBrew Forum:

NormanHurst

Regular.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mikeller Blow Out Pale Ale. 6%, good weight, full bodied, fresh lifted hops. Lemon drop, Simcoe and Centennial according to Google. Rather good.

cushyno

Landlord.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh yes, I could get used to this :cool:

"Wild Thing" - Cashmere and Azacca pale weighing in at 6.0% and 39IBU, grain to glass in...I kid you not... 4 days!

Brewday Sunday 1.058 SG, down to 1.012 FG by Wednesday morning courtesy of 3g of Voss Kveik. Cooled naturally for 1 day, 30 minutes to keg and burst carbonate.

Smooth with immediate taste of pineapple, lemon, lime and a suggestion of mango.

I'd call that a success.
rps20210513_203721.jpg

The Furnace Green Brewer

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My No1 ale pale LME Fuggles, yeast and water a classic ale at 4.7% short commute across the landing, working from home.
Brewing a partial mash/malt extract bitter tomorrow evening, homemade wine bubbling away listening to Chris Rea heavenly.

Keep safe and drink ale

Hanglow

Landlord.
Reaction score
Bottled my Ur-Weiss I brewed in sunday and had a bit of a sample, my word Weyermann Barke Munich is one malty malt. Now knocked back a couple of export stouts brewed a few months ago. Blacker than my soul and even more bitter. :beer1:

cushyno

Landlord.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bottled my Ur-Weiss I brewed in sunday and had a bit of a sample, my word Weyermann Barke Munich is one malty malt. Now knocked back a couple of export stouts brewed a few months ago. Blacker than my soul and even more bitter. :beer1:
More bitter than black or more bitter than your soul? 💀

I'm hearing good things about the Weyermann Barke. Noted. I'll put some on my next order.

Pennine

Landlord.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh yes, I could get used to this :cool:

"Wild Thing" - Cashmere and Azacca pale weighing in at 6.0% and 39IBU, grain to glass in...I kid you not... 4 days!

Brewday Sunday 1.058 SG, down to 1.012 FG by Wednesday morning courtesy of 3g of Voss Kveik. Cooled naturally for 1 day, 30 minutes to keg and burst carbonate.

Smooth with immediate taste of pineapple, lemon, lime and a suggestion of mango.

I'd call that a success.
View attachment 47081
I'm tempted to do a cashmere and ekuanot pale ale but cashmere and azacca sounds like a good mix too.

cushyno

Landlord.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm tempted to do a cashmere and ekuanot pale ale but cashmere and azacca sounds like a good mix too.
I'm no expert on US hops having only dabbled with Cascade, Citra, Summit previously. Cashmere and Azacca seemed to complement each other on paper, so it's a bit of an experiment.

I like the sound of Cashmere and equanot too. athumb..