What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought this in Aldi Blackpool today the flavour is ok but it’s a lot under carbed for an ipa
2A013870-27BA-42B5-A5E0-EA0CE0DD1E16.jpeg
2A013870-27BA-42B5-A5E0-EA0CE0DD1E16.jpeg

Follow on from the Pale, first pour of a session IPA brewed for a big party at ours next week. Keg went on last Friday, 24hrs at 35psi then turned down to 15 and carbonation is perfect. Different beast all together and it’s still short on hop character. Pulling back the Crystal has left a better balance to the background flavour so the grain bill is locked in. Going to add in a big dry hop next time.
63D5E70F-5F24-4265-BBE6-6F7D4C2BC4EF.jpeg

Range MYO APA. These kit beers sometimes get a bad press, but you really have to leave them conditioning for at least 6 weeks. I just use 1kg of dextrose with them, and give them a dry hop boost of 50g Chinook, 50g of Citra, and the supplied 90g kit hops. The dextrose seems to really improve the hop aroma, and still loads of body. Tried many times with DME, and LME and not as good (but more expensive)
IMG_20210819_223412_405.jpg

Leon totally sympathize there, did a 25 mile cycle recently, cant push it as my left ankle is giving me gip. Also I have 7 new doors to fit in the house in readiness for a visit from my pal and his Mrs from the Brighton area. He introduced me to proper beer which changed my life as he was an area secretary for camra. Anyways I digress I've not had a beer since Saturday and I still have 2 doors left to hang. some of them might even have door handles on them when he visits.

I'll certainly be cracking a few (beers not doors) open when they're all up.
Also looking forward to the weekend and have friends over. Got two fresh kegs of pilsner and a keg of my 4 way comp mystery beer. Should be a good time.

Just got home from an afternoon out with friends. We had a nice meal and I had a few of these - Tonbridge Brewery Coppernob.

1C33271B-A3A6-403A-A545-6D493674BFE9.jpeg

Back in my own garden and starting with a pint of Pilgrim. This is my first full-on attempt at something with even more hoppy aroma/flavour than Summer Breeze. It’s a little darker than Summer Breeze too with a more orange hue. It is certainly hoppy in aroma and flavour and it has quite a full mouthfeel so I think there has been some measure of success and I’d definitely put this in juicy NEIPA territory. ABV is 5.8%. The homebrew club liked it too so I’m encouraged to do some more work on it to lighten it and see if I can make it even more juicy without it oxidising - a bit of a challenge with my basic setup but we’ll see.

73D832AF-E988-4B5D-B33D-D7BD0F0C040D.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back