What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who says you have to put lime in these?! 🤪🤘

40D3F042-9D5E-4222-804C-5EA730B55D3D.jpeg

After yesterday I’m starting with a Mild. There was a mild (just one) at the beer festival yesterday and I tried it to see what a commercial mild might taste like. It was actually similar to mine in flavour but had far lighter body. The trouble I now have is not knowing whether the commercial mild was a good example or not 🤷‍♂️

BFEE9284-2569-42D3-AF38-DD0117C2406C.jpeg

After yesterday I’m starting with a Mild. There was a mild (just one) at the beer festival yesterday and I tried it to see what a commercial mild might taste like. It was actually similar to mine in flavour but had far lighter body. The trouble I now have is not knowing whether the commercial mild was a good example or not 🤷‍♂️

View attachment 54161
Their are far too few commercial milds left, and really they tend to be at their best if served on cask rather than from a bottle. West Berkshire Maggs Magnificent Mild I recall being pretty decent Wychwood used to have one (Arrowwayne) but sadly seemed to have stopped. Realistically I think the only way to get consistent Milds now is to brew it yourself.

As for what I am drinking Yorkshire Bitter it was made from a one can kit and 2KG of marris otter I mashed and boiled for 30 minutes. Remarkably good for a kit beer.

963DA648-68AF-4FA0-87F3-3B8BB0AB089E.jpeg

View attachment 54161
If ever in the Midlands Hobsons Mild is a good one to try. Not easy to find but available at Post Office Vaults New St Birmingham. Well kept and by southern standards fantastic value!

Blind taste test between my Elderflower Pale and a bottle of Birds and Bees tonight. Il be honest, my beer didnt compare favourably to that of the Williams Brothers, but they are ballerz, and whilst it didnt compare favourably, it was at least comparable id say. Mines had more body/mouthfeel but oddly theirs had more sweetness. It was thinner tho. Noticably. Mine is carrying a little much yeast flavour for my taste. However, it was subject to some wildly high temps when brewing so its no surprise.

Id say my beer is just a bit of temp control away from being every bit as good, which is heartening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back