What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now on @dan125 brew off offering

Attachments

• 20210911_204239.jpg
    20210911_204239.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 19
Back home tomorrow, been a fantastic fortnight thanks.
Lots of walking, fishing ( a few bass on lures ) and swimming. Sea is still remarkably warm, around 16 degrees.
Dogs are whacked out, we're all ready to get home now !

Ha, good to hear, yes I have a 5/3 wetsuit (I hate cold water) and I'm sweating in it when I go out on the board at the moment! 😄

Ha, good to hear, yes I have a 5/3 wetsuit (I hate cold water) and I'm sweating in it when I go out on the board at the moment! 😄

Went for a surf at Sennen yesterday and hired a wetsuit, first time I've worn one this holiday.
Lovely and quiet now we're into September, just a couple of other surfers and a seal for company !

View attachment 54070
Went to a beer festival on another Island called Herm. This is the menu, what would you have chosen?
Herm!
SWMBO'd and I had a glorious day there July 1979.
We were honeymooning on Guernsey and the guest house host advised, "go down to the harbour early on a foggy morning and take the ferry to Herm.
No one else will fancy setting out on a morning like that. The fog will clear and you will have the island to yourselves.
He was correct.
We walked across and all around the island, then had Guernsey bitter in the Mermaid Tavern (the only pub on the island in those days) by the harbour with our ploughman's lunch.
Ah, memories.

Very nice! A better selection than you’ll see in most places. I’m drawn to the Rev James but would probably want to work my way through the lot - then make a choice on which to stay on ;)
After going through that entire beer menu,🍺🍻 I would probably stay on the island, out under the stars!🤪
It's gotta be done. 😄

An uprated version of Batemans Dark Mild. This one is in a PB rather than corny, as I prefer the lower carb level beers this way. Just a sample pint, it had been barrelled earlier in the day. I’m calling this one Master Batemans Afternoon Delight 😀

96177DCA-9EFC-4301-9880-733AC1130C69.png

Herm!
SWMBO'd and I had a glorious day there July 1979.
We were honeymooning on Guernsey and the guest house host advised, "go down to the harbour early on a foggy morning and take the ferry to Herm.
No one else will fancy setting out on a morning like that. The fog will clear and you will have the island to yourselves.
He was correct.
We walked across and all around the island, then had Guernsey bitter in the Mermaid Tavern (the only pub on the island in those days) by the harbour with our ploughman's lunch.
Ah, memories.
The Mermaid is still the only pub but there might be a bar at the hotel too. On Sark now, with 2 pubs! One has Butcombe Gold, the other has Black Sheep. I also had their only display bottle of Ghostship!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back