What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Something different now. Wife is having the brandy, they’re not both mine!

A1E4378E-26DB-44F3-B36B-4834540C003D.jpeg

That's not just a brandy,
that's a fine Cognac.
Interesting that it's darker than the single malt Whisky.
Never noticed it before.
Is the Talisker in the peaty smokey style, or in the lighter GlenMorangie vein?
Yes, we like the good stuff. Talisker is sweet and smokey, one of my favourites, see…

85FD010A-4DE9-4A96-BE02-F25B12139F01.jpeg

Laphroaig when I’m in a more serious whisky mood (yep, got those too).

View attachment 54997
View attachment 54998
Never heard of this one before today--nothing amazing about it.
This one is probably a top-five, all-time favorite. It's a 12.7% beer from '18. Too expensive to have regularly, in my opinion.
Does Founders product make it your way, by any chance?
I don’t remember ever seeing it but it may be available online? If I do see it I’ll buy one ;)

Brought a couple of these. Very tasty. In the supermarket, without my glasses on (and in poor light ;) ) I thought it said 5.5% . As I poured my second, I thought I felt a bit warm and happy. Put that down to tiredness from a 15hr day at work. Then I gave the empty bottle a closer look. :laugh8:

IMG_20210929_210050.jpg

, if it's more than $5 or so per bottle (don't know our exchange rate), I'd pass since it would be gouging.

5 US dollars? That's peanuts!

You guys don't know you are born!

Actually, the real gouging usually comes in carriage charges. Anyway, importing anything from the US is prohibitively expensive, as I found out when I bought parts for my bike from there.

5 US dollars? That's peanuts!
We look for imports from overseas as they are usually better. When I get an import (edit: beer), I don't see too much of a markup.
I got a blue steel pan from France last year. I was surprised that it was reasonable. I would have paid whatever since I wanted that pizza pan. It took a super long time though to arrive.

Just got back from shopping to get some ingredients. We have friends coming round on Saturday and they’ve made a special request for a particular meal. Anyone that frequents the foodies thread may recognise the ingredients (not all shown). Anyway, I can’t resist putting one or two beers in my basket as you can see and it gives me an excuse for the second outing of my new glass. Cheers!

DDD2BFA1-5B81-4923-8FDC-BE15EE9680B4.jpeg
086970F5-EA0A-4278-9E8C-932A3B9A3F20.jpeg

Just got back from shopping to get some ingredients. We have friends coming round on Saturday and they’ve made a special request for a particular meal. Anyone that frequents the foodies thread may recognise the ingredients (not all shown). Anyway, I can’t resist putting one or two beers in my basket as you can see and it gives me an excuse for the second outing of my new glass. Cheers!

View attachment 55027 View attachment 55028
Lamb vindaloo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back