What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kids birthday party today... usually need a drink after the madness! Starting with a Hicks from St Austell. A bit flat out of the bottle but a good example of a strong (ish - 5%) English ale. Enough hops to keep it bright and refreshing.

The party was actually fun. Zombie Archery!

IMG_20211024_141704.jpg

Herne Bay!
Lovely in the sun,
Firkin Freezing after sundown in a NE'erly this time of year!
What was it in the Frog, and was it any good?
That’s right, Herne Bay - yay!!

It was getting a bit chilly after 4 so we came home after a nice warm afternoon. In the Frog I had a pint of “The Usual”, an English Bitter. It was nice but just on the turn I’d guess - had just a touch of tartness to it. Several dogs enjoying bowls of roast potatoes! 😂

One of the last bottles of my Cali Common. I've flip-flopped on this brew. Loving some bottles, being really disappointed with others. This bottle might be the best yet. Maybe I should have left the others longer... 🤔

Got to Ullapool, only to find the ferry to Lewis was stuck in Stornoway due to a technical issue. So back to Inverness it was with a car full of journey weary family and into whatever hotel we could find. Now waiting for a text from CalMac to see what the score is tomorrow. Having just the one beer as I may need to be on the road early tomorrow to get the morning ferry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back