What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Czech Pilsner. Not had one of these for a while. Very cold! 🥶

275C285D-BEE9-45B4-A7A9-DC74224CA21E.jpeg

One from the Golden ales box. I like this. Need it after fixing a brand new bike that a very generous benefactor brought for one wifeys service users, from a major UK retailer, and it's absolute junk. I'm getting utterly sick of junk from China being passed off as being fit for purpose. How the hell this got it's CE mark is a mystery to me. I won't bore you all with the long, long list of faults but it's made me a bit grumpy.

Can you tell? 😁 😁

Anyway, here is some lovely ale to cheer me up ..

IMG_20211229_212409.jpg

I’m starting with a Greene King IPA as I have 2 of these left and only 1 each of the other 3 beers in the box. I like it but not enough to ever buy it myself given the range of other beers on the shelf.

View attachment 60401
We have something very similar to Greene King IPA on tap at home, courtesy of Severn Trent!

I’m still finishing off Christmas bottles. This one, an Imperial Ruby. It tastes like an old ale but perhaps not quite as smooth and missing the sherry-like age from slow oxidation. Nice though - toffee, coffee, a little raisin, mild to medium bitterness and a warming alcohol taste to finish.

6AA9079C-4C48-4BAA-8222-138364FB4DA9.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back