What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
15409F35-6E0C-4554-BF52-1C392801863C.jpeg
Flensburger Dunkel

While I mostly bought it for the bottles it’s actually a rather nice beer now just got to get the labels off.

Switched to Flensburger Pilsner again for the bottles however sometimes it’s just nice to drink a nice uncomplicated Pilsner.
Where do you buy them? I picked up a few when last in Germany a few years back, never seen them over here.

That sounds interesting. Do you have a recipe?
Based-upon a dark kolsch from The Saint Arnold Brewery in Houston, Texas called Santo. This is the fourth or so time I've adjusted the recipe. They were coming out too brown before and I wanted darker. Went too far this time on the colour, munich and ABV!. BIAB (sorry about the formatting):
Water: 36 litres total
Grist:
  • 6.0 kg Weyermann Pilsner, Crushed/Milled (3 EBC) DBCG 80% 3%MC
  • 1.0 kg Weyermann Munich Type 2, Crushed/Milled (20-25 EBC) DBFG 78% 3%MC 2.2%FG/CG
  • 0.4 kg Weyermann Carafa Special 3, Crushed/Milled (1,300-1,500 EBC) DBCG 65% 2.5%
Hop(s) and other added to boil:
  • 100g Hallertauer Hersbrucker 2019 (A/A 3.2%) pellets, vacuum packed
  • 20g Tettnang 2017 (A/A 3.7%) pellets, vacuum packed
  • 6g Irish Moss
Boil Schedule:
  • 60 minutes from finish - add 100g of Hallertauer Hersbrucker
  • 15 minutes from finish – add 6g of Irish Moss
  • 5 minutes from finish - add 20g of Tettnang (
Yeast: TWO Wyeast Activator 2565 Kölsch (14-15°C)

90 minute mash, 90 minute boil, Mash Temp 66°C. Target ABV 6.7% (really too high for a clone!) and target IBU 27

Where do you buy them? I picked up a few when last in Germany a few years back, never seen them over here.
I bought it from Beer Sniffers it’s not the cheapest for larger (£2.29 a bottle)

https://www.beersniffers.co.uk/flensburger-pilsner/
A fair few online retailers sell it but all at similar prices it’s mainly worth it to me due to my fondness for .33L swing tops as while I think it’s a perfectly respectable German Larger I wouldn’t say it’s any better than what you can pick up in Aldi.

Based-upon a dark kolsch from The Saint Arnold Brewery in Houston, Texas called Santo. This is the fourth or so time I've adjusted the recipe. They were coming out too brown before and I wanted darker. Went too far this time on the colour, munich and ABV!. BIAB (sorry about the formatting):
Water: 36 litres total
Grist:
  • 6.0 kg Weyermann Pilsner, Crushed/Milled (3 EBC) DBCG 80% 3%MC
  • 1.0 kg Weyermann Munich Type 2, Crushed/Milled (20-25 EBC) DBFG 78% 3%MC 2.2%FG/CG
  • 0.4 kg Weyermann Carafa Special 3, Crushed/Milled (1,300-1,500 EBC) DBCG 65% 2.5%
Hop(s) and other added to boil:
  • 100g Hallertauer Hersbrucker 2019 (A/A 3.2%) pellets, vacuum packed
  • 20g Tettnang 2017 (A/A 3.7%) pellets, vacuum packed
  • 6g Irish Moss
Boil Schedule:
  • 60 minutes from finish - add 100g of Hallertauer Hersbrucker
  • 15 minutes from finish – add 6g of Irish Moss
  • 5 minutes from finish - add 20g of Tettnang (
Yeast: TWO Wyeast Activator 2565 Kölsch (14-15°C)

90 minute mash, 90 minute boil, Mash Temp 66°C. Target ABV 6.7% (really too high for a clone!) and target IBU 27
That looks great. I shall have to file this one for future reference. acheers. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back