What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh just a little one so reading thismademe thirsty

Attachments

• 16172070966286470571035198297448.jpg
    16172070966286470571035198297448.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 52
the same old stuff i've been drinking for what feels like the last 2 weeks (fireball excluded).
taste buds need some ticklin'. online shop booked for friday. feel a trawl of the virtual liquids aisles coming up.
hoping for something esoteric.
Get some Boddingtons in the yellow tin...that'll reset your mind.

~15 mins until :beer1: It's not professional to be having a beer while working is it?

Enjoy everyone, sounds like it will be quite a bit cooler tomorrow.

7100EB66-DEA4-461B-A7F9-817287A1FB8B.jpeg
Well I’m now on annual leave till Tuesday so decided to check how the carbonation on my Bière de Garde (GH) was coming along, it has had 31 days in the bottle and open with a satisfying pop so can now move the rest to the garage to condition for a bit longer.

Taste wise it’s pretty good it’s dry with a herby floral like character to it. I am Tempted to brew this again swapping out the Wyeast French Saison for a sachet of CML Lille Saison or Belle Saison as curious how much of an impact the yeast has on it.

You're very welcome. It was definitely interesting to compare a home brew and commercial version of the same beer style. The most notable thing was the effect that the small difference in attenuation made to the enjoyablity of the beers, and how the drier finish of your beer left me wanting to go back for more and a way the Beer52 offering didn't. Looking back through the thread, it's popped up here before with similar comments.
I'd love to see your recipe to see how your approach differed from mine.
It's in my handwritten book rather than my phone so I will rake it out and pop it in here presently

@Alastair70
Grain
5.2kg Europils
500g Munich
500g Torrified wheat

Hops
40g Mittelfruh start of boil 16 IBU
25g Mittelfruh 10 mins 4 IBU

OG was 1.051, FG 1.008

Fermented using 2 packs of CML Hell under pressure at about 16 to 18 degrees. The temp swung about a bit under the pressure.

I BIAB mash in 25 litres of water and dunk sparge in 10 for a 30 litre boil less whatever hot break I skim off and water additions were 1/4 campden in each plus CaCl and Gypsum split evenly to give 50ppm Calcium.

@Brewnaldo Nice one, thanks. I step mashed and fermented at 10C with wy2308. Batch no2 is about to undergo D-rest. I’ll bottle some after lagering this time I’ll have something properly carbonated to send around.

As everyone else seems to be on the pop tonight Ive cracked open a Campden Pale. Not as nice as the off menu IPA but thoroughly serviceable.

Cheers all!

@Brewnaldo Nice one, thanks. I step mashed and fermented at 10C with wy2308. Batch no2 is about to undergo D-rest. I’ll bottle some after lagering this time I’ll have something properly carbonated to send around.

As everyone else seems to be on the pop tonight Ive cracked open a Campden Pale. Not as nice as the off menu IPA but thoroughly serviceable.

Cheers all!
Its interesting what you say about the dryness of mine because I have recently been considering a higher mash temp to try and leave a little bit higher FG amd residual sweetness. Might rethink that for now

It will be insulated with king span. I just need to do a tour of a few building sites up in skeoge 😃😃
See what falls into my trailer
Or call up to the Trench rd. I'll look after you with prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back