What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just home from work and got met with chicken wings and a beer in the garden.
Something must be looking paid for online by herself. Ah well I will enjoy it
A9184CAA-5771-4E68-A6ED-20535EFC4548.jpeg

Today’s little project was to sort out the pipe work for the outside tap and supply to the bar. I also replaced the tatty faded hose on the hose reel.

View attachment 45161

Now as a retired gentleman I should have treated those as two separate jobs and tackled them on different days. What I did there was effectively put in a double-shift so now I deserve a reward ;)

English Pale Ale at 4.7% and hopped using EKG.

View attachment 45160
Hope you're getting time and a half for that!

First sample of my golden ale with Nelson and Ella..only 3 days in the keg .I'm so impatient 😂
Not used these hops before so eager to try.
Very low cask like carbonation at moment but nice grape and citrus flavours. One the carbonation gets a bit more spritzy this will be a nice summer beer I think🤞🏼
IMG_20210414_184450.jpg

Was holding back on this one until the weekend but as the sun is shining ........
@samale dopplebock.
Had to do a bit of googling to get the background to this one as it’s not a familiar style to me
Opens with a nice hiss and a bit of smoke
Pours a nicely carbonated ruby coloured beer with a nice off white head that lasts and laces the glass the whole way down
Nice malt forward taste with low hop presence and a slight burnt caramel taste that sits nicely on the palate.
Aftertaste is toast with hints of fig leaving a dry mouth
18C4F6ED-7BFA-4271-8C61-2C18D0FD1D46.jpeg
and a lingering alcohol that fits with the 7%
This is excellent now and I feel it will get a whole lot more complex if left for a month or so.
Cheers for the bottle and can you post the recipie ? Need to expand the brewing sheet to include beers like this. Prost.

Was holding back on this one until the weekend but as the sun is shining ........
@samale dopplebock.
Had to do a bit of googling to get the background to this one as it’s not a familiar style to me
Opens with a nice hiss and a bit of smoke
Pours a nicely carbonated ruby coloured beer with a nice off white head that lasts and laces the glass the whole way down
Nice malt forward taste with low hop presence and a slight burnt caramel taste that sits nicely on the palate.
Aftertaste is toast with hints of fig leaving a dry mouth View attachment 45185and a lingering alcohol that fits with the 7%
This is excellent now and I feel it will get a whole lot more complex if left for a month or so.
Cheers for the bottle and can you post the recipie ? Need to expand the brewing sheet to include beers like this. Prost.

That’s what I love about home brew. I haven’t had a dopplebock In the wild, but it’s a style that should be right up my street. So I’m going to brew a couple and see if they live up to expectations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back