What are you drinking tonight 2022?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Raspberry sour, just seems appropriate with this weather.

91E20349-070B-4D4D-9790-AFEA16E86507.jpeg

One of the good things about retirement is that when the weather is good mid-week I can sit outside with a beer. One of the bad things is that with everyone else working I’m on my own 😢

I'd like one too as I can't stop crying and need cheering up, but I've nothing in worth drinking. Hubby says we can go to shop after work though and get some, yay.
Sorry to hear that Tess, I hope the misery is short-lived. Maybe spend the rest of the afternoon making a list of all the beers you’re going to be drinking later - make it a loooooong list.

Raspberry sour, just seems appropriate with this weather.

View attachment 65202
One of the good things about retirement is that when the weather is good mid-week I can sit outside with a beer. One of the bad things is that with everyone else working I’m on my own 😢
I feel for you I really do , wish I had the same problem 😂😂coming up for my 66th birthday and no chance of retiring any time soon but I love my job and being self employed can still enjoy an afternoon beer in the sun down our allotment when I feel like it .Me and my better half go camping a lot and love your part of the country so may be this summer we will find ourselves down your way and would love to come and keep you company for a sunny afternoon and sample a few beers , and would bring a few bottles of my brews for you to appraise,😜🍻🍻

View attachment 65207
No head, no condition and not, but oh so nearly, dropped clear.
Taste, mind you, is great.
It's the blended cask.
Rich, malty, bitter with good flavours of hops.
Have I just described southern ale?
Forgot one thing - about 6%.
As I'm feeling a bit sensitive about this "FrankenAle", ie possible disapproval here, I feel I have to say that it is far more acceptable with better flavours and likeable than many bought beers I've been served in pubs.
But then again, I made it (them!) so I'm going to be a bit biased.
I still stand by my guns though.
It's a lovely pint!
Cheers! 🍻😜

I feel for you I really do , wish I had the same problem 😂😂coming up for my 66th birthday and no chance of retiring any time soon but I love my job and being self employed can still enjoy an afternoon beer in the sun down our allotment when I feel like it .Me and my better half go camping a lot and love your part of the country so may be this summer we will find ourselves down your way and would love to come and keep you company for a sunny afternoon and sample a few beers , and would bring a few bottles of my brews for you to appraise,😜🍻🍻
That sounds like a grand idea!

As I'm feeling a bit sensitive about this "FrankenAle", ie possible disapproval here, I feel I have to say that it is far more acceptable with better flavours and likeable than many bought beers I've been served in pubs.
But then again, I made it (them!) so I'm going to be a bit biased.
I still stand by my guns though.
It's a lovely pint!
Cheers! 🍻😜
I had a pint of 50/50 my brown red ale and bitter and it was very nice. Just starting to get some different styles on the go to get some more ambiguity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back