What are you drinking tonight 2022?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Having a pint of citra and simcoe pale tonight. Not many left in the keg but trying a double brew weekend so do this again and something else on Sunday if I get the chance.
E9E26F9A-4934-430F-A876-2163E502BD46.jpeg

Just awakened from downing two cans of Brewdog’s “Elvis Juice” for lunch!

Apparently the brew ABV is 5.1% so I seem to have lost my ability to drink to excess!

Ah well, with everything going up in price that may not be a bad thing.
:coat::D
It must have been old cans as it seems to have gone back up to 6.5%. Well the ones I bought last week were.

Last edited:
IMG_20220401_185400.jpg

At last, sitting in the cold garage has cleared the "Mongrel" blended ale.
And amazingly it still tastes pleasantly full flavoured with a double-hit of flavours from the constituent ales. It has definitely 'come together' now though.
The Hopcat is in the backdrop of the photo as I used the modified externalised pump feed this afternoon to rack the finished 2° fermented out (SG1010) Czech Pilsner into the finishing casks, hopefully ready for guests next weekend. 🤞
There's always the Mongrel ale and an Exmoor clone as backup.
Or in addition!

It mush babe been old cans as it seems to have gone back up to 6.5%. Well the ones I bought last week were.

They may very well be “old” ‘cos they go out-of-date sometime this June!

I’ve had them over a year and still have another dozen Brewdog’s to get through before they all go out-of-date!

I suppose I’ll manage - in between naps!
:D :D

They may very well be “old” ‘cos they go out-of-date sometime this June!

I’ve had them over a year and still have another dozen Brewdog’s to get through before they all go out-of-date!

I suppose I’ll manage - in between naps!
:D :D
It’s an age thing. (No idea how old you are but it is for me lol)

Just awakened from downing two cans of Brewdog’s “Elvis Juice” for lunch!

Apparently the brew ABV is 5.1% so I seem to have lost my ability to drink to excess!

Ah well, with everything going up in price that may not be a bad thing.
:coat::D
But did you eat or just have drink for lunch?
Could be an explanation. 🥴

It’s an age thing. (No idea how old you are but it is for me lol)
But did you eat or just have drink for lunch?
Could be an explanation. 🥴
Definitely an “age thing” and the beer started before my two “pikelets” * for lunch.

At 79, gone are the days when me and a mate could get through a litre of Grouse each as we sorted out the world and watched the sun come up!

Lucky? You bet! Especially as I only gave up smoking after SWMBO said “Smoke or eat - your choice!” Here’s hoping she doesn’t start on the beer drinking!
:beer1: :D :beer1:

* Now called “crumpets” for some reason.

Finally made good on my pre Covid, promise to self, to visit the Siren brewery tap House. I enjoyed a number of excellent 1/3's including two imperial stouts. Unfortunately a distance back to the tent, so we called time fairly early. Food and this bottle that I brought with me from home at the tent. A few siren cans in the van for the future. Contented Wolf. 🐺
DSC_1383~2.JPG
DSC_1387~2.JPG
DSC_1392~2.JPG

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back