What are you drinking tonight 2022?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tonight's brew.

Attachments

• 20220331_214055.jpg
    20220331_214055.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 3
After seeing through a never-in-doubt 19-18 win for my team tonight on a cold and miserable night, I forsook the pub in favour of, light the stove and crack open a few beers! :D So a Flakey bitter (not my best iteration of it, doesn't look brilliant but still tastes good), and now a parsnip. My supply of 'ready to drink right now' beer is getting a bit scratchy, but things should improve a lot in the next couple of weeks.

Is it any good? Supermarket Weisses (is that a word? :D ) often seems as much miss as hit to me.

Finishing up a brew day and cleaned up decided to try Eskdale's Baltic Porter. I did give fair warning that I wouldn't pull any punches.

Not an easy beer to brew so here we go, poured nice into the glass lovely aroma, molasses and malt, initial sweet taste with a back of the tongue bitterness from the hops. Not knowing the strength realised this is a high ABV beer. Had to sip and savour it, a great example of a Baltic Porter with good lacing and head retention.
I have only made this a couple of times and understand the difficulties in getting this right. A very nice drop. Well done.

006.JPG 008.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back