What are you drinking tonight 2022?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still experimenting, this time with a NZ IPA. I think I prefer this to the mixed ferm - the mixed ferm was a bit subtle.

092400C8-7131-452A-BAF5-136D7DBE37BD.jpeg

Giving my Golden Ale swap a try, head dissipate quickly and still cloudy, hopefully another will clear by the end of the month.

View attachment 72616

Very similar to mine regarding the lack of head retention. Although mine is quite clear, it doesn’t seem to want to carbonate. May have to freeze it again 😂

C6A0BB2C-E163-45A5-A6A1-8BFDD98620CE.jpeg

Thursday last to yesterday SWMBOD and I were camping at the Cambridge Folk Festival, Cherry Hinton Hall Park.
Headliners were:
Clannad's farewell session, Suzanne Vega, Billy Bragg, Seasick Steve, and lots of new to us World traditional and fusion live music.
Oh, beer and lots of it,
from the Otter Brewery range, Miltonian Brewery the Justinian,
and the Moonshine brewery Cambridge Pale Ale.
No point photographing, as glass was banned inside the performance arena so our beer was drunk from our pewter tankards. (I don't like plastic, even if it is the more substantial reusable sort).
IMG_20220728_133548.jpg

Just realised this bar menu doesn't include half the real ales available at the other main bar. It was just the menu of the first filling of the mini cask bar I came across.
Others available were :
Otter Ale
Justinian
Moonshine.
I have a 4 pint carry cask with pressure release cap.
So any beer, 4 pints for £21.
£5.25 a pint is worlds cheaper than many captive audience music festival bar prices I could mention. 😉
There was even a talk in the main beer marquee by Patrick from the Otter Brewery on Sat. morning.
With a blindfold free beer comparison tasting challenge to finish.
What a good start to a day that was.
🍻😜
And no 'cough' developed yet! Despite the crowded audience at times.
They were very airy main stage type marquees though.

IMG_20220802_194954.jpg

Another oldie. But goodie.
BBE 04.02.2021
Brewed with Chinook, Cascade, Centennial and Mosaic.
On top of Pale, Oats and Wheat malts.
DDH'd with Amarillo, Centennial and Chinook Star.
Aromas and flavours of pine, marmalade and all sorts of citrus. Without Citra!
I'm a little sorry I've left Beer52 now.
But the stash was getting ridiculous, what with the home brew and all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back