What are you drinking tonight 2022?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A pale ale is called for in this heat. Despite quite a lot of cloud cover it’s still 28C 🥵. This is the pale ale where I stuffed hops in the keg, it’s started to develop a tangerine zest flavour that I’ve not had from regular dry hopping of this beer. Interesting.

View attachment 72466
@Hazelwood Brewery is the tangerine zest flavour off putting at all. I'm about to keg my 2 beers today and one of them is an AIPA that I'm going to hop on the keg rather than hop in fv. Also, did you just drop the ss hop tube into the keg or attach to the underside of the lid?

@Hazelwood Brewery is the tangerine zest flavour off putting at all. I'm about to keg my 2 beers today and one of them is an AIPA that I'm going to hop on the keg rather than hop in fv. Also, did you just drop the ss hop tube into the keg or attach to the underside of the lid?
Not off putting, no. It’s actually quite nice because it’s still subtle.

I suspended the hop spider with a length of fishing line so it hangs an inch or so above the bottom of the keg.

I should also note the initial taste is a bit grassy (not unpleasant) but the grassiness fades fairly quickly.

Landlord at the pub.

47051AC2-3285-4B79-BADF-5B34DBCB9C3C.jpeg

Just cracked open a Munich Dunkel kindly sent to me by @samale .
Nice dark brown with a fluffy head. Low/medium Carbonation on this one.
Aroma is malty toasted bread and flavours are very similar. No harshness, smooth easy drinker. Malty and toasty with a low to medium bitterness. Light spicy hop character. Think I have only had this style once, I like it. Nice easy drinking lager👍🏼
IMG_20220731_210911.jpg

Aroma is malty toasted bread and flavours are very similar. No harshness, smooth easy drinker. Malty and toasty with a low to medium bitterness. Light spicy hop character. Think I have only had this style once, I like it. Nice easy drinking lager👍🏼
View attachment 72539
Happy you got one that was carbonated

View attachment 72539

View attachment 72539

View attachment 72539
Nice beer that!

No1 son and I kayaked to Rod & Reel pier, couple of ciders for him and Sierra Nevadas for me. We could have walked it in less than 10 minutes, but that wouldn’t have been as funny.

96C62A30-7056-493B-BC2C-701C0E0C442E.jpeg

Last edited:
Picked up a selection of some new beers from Scottish breweries at Aldi today. I'm sampling the Fierce Beer/Tony Singh's collab Citrus Pale first as i was interested how the infusion would work out.

Very very slight hint of the coriander in the aroma and taste, and a little aftertaste of the lemon. Still, a very drinkable Pale Ale, and at £1.79 a can, good value. I'd definitely buy this again.

Looking forward to the rest of the beers, particularly the Indian Lager to see how the cardamom works.

20220731_200816.jpg

20220731_223954.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back