What are you drinking tonight 2022?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Same again barkeep! This time with even more sun and my summer playlist. I’m probably one pint and two or three songs from dancing round the garden. Join me? 🕺

36F05C92-0692-476D-A3AD-021B1EFF000E.jpeg

13E00A97-A73B-4345-B994-6E639494247D.jpeg

Well this month I have being taking Friday‘s as annual leave so Thursday is the new Friday. Bramling Cross/Pilsner Smash fermented with Voss. It’s got a nice floral taste to it fairly light with a bit of bitterness from the hops. I probably served it a tad too cold as the flavour comes through a lot better once it had warmed up a tad.

It’s another hot day in sunny Kent so I’m starting today with a very cold Pilsner. The grain flavour in this batch is really good. Head retention not quite so good. ☯️

View attachment 73559
My latest pilsner is quite grainy...wasn't sure if I'd messed up somewhere along the line but if that's a good thing...

Ok I give in 🙈😀

I’m having an early glass of my Mango, Pineapple and Papaya cider. It’s roughly 3 weeks old and I’ve kegged it. It was quite a small batch.

I used M02 Cider yeast so it was just about within the tolerance. I think it stayed at about 26C throughout and the yeast says maximum 28C.

It’s gone really well I think. The only slight glitch is it has slight banana esters, I think due to the weather when I fermented, but it’s not unpleasant and adds to the flavour. Could just be the yeast though as it states it’s a high ester strain.

EB953513-E8A1-4661-83BC-6DA13EB08B31.jpeg

3A1C7C53-BD44-418D-A86E-4CE304CEB9F2.png

Ok I give in 🙈😀

I’m having an early glass of my Mango, Pineapple and Papaya cider. It’s roughly 3 weeks old and I’ve kegged it. It was quite a small batch.

I used M02 Cider yeast so it was just about within the tolerance. I think it stayed at about 26C throughout and the yeast says maximum 28C.

It’s gone really well I think. The only slight glitch is it has slight banana esters, I think due to the weather when I fermented, but it’s not unpleasant and adds to the flavour. Could just be the yeast though as it states it’s a high ester strain.

View attachment 73570

View attachment 73571
🥳

My latest pilsner is quite grainy...wasn't sure if I'd messed up somewhere along the line but if that's a good thing...
I suspect the graininess will fade a little and become more complex - grainy, bready, a hint of caramel maybe.

Even if it doesn’t, I like a grainy malt so feel free to send it my way 😉. How long has it been conditioning?

I suspect the graininess will fade a little and become more complex - grainy, bready, a hint of caramel maybe.

Even if it doesn’t, I like a grainy malt so feel free to send it my way 😉. How long has it been conditioning?
Hasn't been bottled very long..maybe three weeks to a month. I might try one..just to be sociable.

Pint of bitter before the footie starts
IMG_20220818_184321.jpg

Grandparents had the kids for a sleepover last night so had a last minute night away in Tonbridge.
Went to Fuggles Beer cafe - been on my list of places to go for a while..very nice place , great service and a good selection on draught and cans and bottles in the fridge..Mrs was happy with the location and wine selection. Followed up with a visit to the local Nepalese restaurant which was also really good. Some pics from last night
IMG_20220817_191254.jpg

Left handed Giant Pale
IMG_20220817_191400.jpg

Had the Kernel pale which was great
IMG_20220817_202343.jpg

Followed by a small of the Jester king sour which was very tasty

Attachments

• IMG_20220817_221753.jpg
    IMG_20220817_221753.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 0
Pint of bitter before the footie starts
View attachment 73573
Grandparents had the kids for a sleepover last night so had a last minute night away in Tonbridge.
Went to Fuggles Beer cafe - been on my list of places to go for a while..very nice place , great service and a good selection on draught and cans and bottles in the fridge..Mrs was happy with the location and wine selection. Followed up with a visit to the local Nepalese restaurant which was also really good. Some pics from last night
View attachment 73574
Left handed Giant Pale
View attachment 73575
Had the Kernel pale which was great
View attachment 73576
Followed by a small of the Jester king sour which was very tasty
Nice choice 😉

Been discussing a pilsner/saison blended brew with @dan125 @dave_77 @Hoddy
The idea using both yeasts in a brew.

I had a pilsner and saison on tap so first beer is a 50/50 split.

Initial impression. A bit odd. Thought the saison would dominate. It doesn't. If I am honest, if I was given this I would just think it was a funny tasting lager

Attachments

• 20220818_193430.jpg
    20220818_193430.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 0

Initial impression. A bit odd. Thought the saison would dominate. It doesn't. If I am honest, if I was given this I would just think it was a funny tasting lager
75/25 next then?

Plus what happens during ferm will affect how the end beer is. Or at least that’s what I’m thinking.

I think blending beers can be like blending paints. You can produce something beautiful, something that a bit washed out, or if you’re well off the mark something that’s just plain dirty!

😂. It’s a 50W Bluetooth speaker. Quite loud, good deep bass. Great for parties.

How was your Pilsner?
Yes..pilsner is shaping up nicely..I tried to take a picture but it wasn't looking half as nice as yours! It's virtually crystal clear now. It would benefit a few weeks in the cold but it won't last that long...probably.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back