What are you drinking tonight 2022?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
SWMBO picked up a couple of these today i will start with this tonight as i have never had it before.

1661629816481.png

SWMBO picked up a couple of these today i will start with this tonight as i have never had it before.

View attachment 74039
I’m having a think about doing a plum porter but haven’t tasted a ‘good’ one ie one I like yet. We’ve tha annual problem of what to do with this years crop of plums. So can you let me know if the St Peter’s one is any good - as a style to model a beer on?
4F8E8998-FEDA-4E31-8483-FA59919982C2.jpeg

I’m having a think about doing a plum porter but haven’t tasted a ‘good’ one ie one I like yet. We’ve tha annual problem of what to do with this years crop of plums. So can you let me know if the St Peter’s one is any good - as a style to model a beer on?
View attachment 74041
They’re both nice but I prefer Titanic to the St.Peter’s. You don’t get a lot of plum flavour from plums bizarrely so whatever quantity you’re thinking of using, use more!

So I’ve been playing around with boil times recently, because I primarily brew from extract I’m wondering if 60 minute hop boils are necessary.
So this one is Maria Otter with Citra, Chinook and Ahtanum, equal amounts added to 25 minute, 15 minute, hop stand and dry hop.
It’s good, I like it - without the obvious bitterness from early addition hops in the boil the fruity flavours all come through with only gentle citrus and grapefruit coming through.
The problem is, this makes it very, very drinkable bit the standout quality is the aroma, it’s simply beautiful.
It’s a shame that the photo doesn’t do it justice.

Attachments

• 04D36450-ECFC-4533-B409-D2FEAE405ACF.jpeg
    04D36450-ECFC-4533-B409-D2FEAE405ACF.jpeg
    33.2 KB · Views: 0
We’re still on with the NEIPA keg but there’s not a lot left. Had to show you the husband’s pint though as it looks really well in that large glass. Wouldn’t make any beer without ascorbs now. It has made this one last longer than I thought it could, going on previous experience.

663EB9B7-BF83-45A2-8F6D-FADE0BF13EB4.jpeg
80946077-69AC-44BC-9205-CD6A4A54C92C.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back