What are you drinking tonight 2022?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_20220505_184643.jpg

I wouldn't normally on a Thursday, but in the (still very cool) garage, I noticed that the Czechish Pilsner polypin in its cardboard cube (is that a cubitainer?) looked a bit distended.
Not good if they're under pressure!
So I had to pour a glass for safety's sake. 🍺
Came out very lively, with a head and actual carbing bubbles rising. Not like my beers at all!
No flavour change perceptible, so why the sudden refermentaion? Perhaps that's just 'yet'.
It had gone from SG1050 down to 1010 over 3 weeks and didn't move thereafter.
Then it was racked to cask just over a month ago.
I think I noticed a little bit of livelyness on Friday evening, which is probably why I had a check tonight.
Maybe some of the previous Notty yeast from months ago were loitering in there and even in Campden solution and boiling water rinse-out have revived. Or maybe it is just the MJ M84 Bohemian yeast having their own revival.
Much more testing will be required from tomorrow evening and the weekend. 🍻

View attachment 67873

I wouldn't normally on a Thursday, but in the (still very cool) garage, I noticed that the Czechish Pilsner polypin in its cardboard cube (is that a cubitainer?) looked a bit distended.
Not good if they're under pressure!
So I had to pour a glass for safety's sake. 🍺
Came out very lively, with a head and actual carbing bubbles rising. Not like my beers at all!
No flavour change perceptible, so why the sudden refermentaion? Perhaps that's just 'yet'.
It had gone from SG1050 down to 1010 over 3 weeks and didn't move thereafter.
Then it was racked to cask just over a month ago.
I think I noticed a little bit of livelyness on Friday evening, which is probably why I had a check tonight.
Maybe some of the previous Notty yeast from months ago were loitering in there and even in Campden solution and boiling water rinse-out have revived. Or maybe it is just the MJ M84 Bohemian yeast having their own revival.
Much more testing will be required from tomorrow evening and the weekend. 🍻
I think you’re right, you need to decompress the polypin regularly. Probably every few hours in fact, y’know, just to be safe. :rolleyes:

Done my bottling duties, been and voted so having a GH spiced corriander, lime and Ginger Beer. Quite taken by it. The lime leaves are not something I've used before, 2 leaves in Tesco £1.. got a large handful in the post form Amazon. Fresh but not as bright as tescos but the aroma, certainly looking forward to the next brew. Have vac packed and frozen them.

Attachments

• 20220505_205011.jpg
    20220505_205011.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 4
Day 3 and I’m pining for an English Bitter. They are not so common in Cyprus though I have seen the odd John Smiths around. Right now that might just do the job! I did manage to pick up a bottle of Newcastle Brown along with a few other, mostly dark, beers.

View attachment 67848

I’m starting with the Newkie
View attachment 67849
I am away next week. Crete, bring it on. Don't think I will be in my room drinking newkie brown tho

I said that I would drink this week, in prep for a week of all inc next week. Then I planned a couple of beers at the weekend, then someone mentioned going to the pub tonight after a club ride.

To my surprise they had neipa..... on cask. Oh go on then, 3 pints later I can confirm its not a neipa as we know it but it was a lovely pale ale on cask.

Attachments

• 20220505_200523.jpg
    20220505_200523.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 8
Last night I enjoyed a bottle of Fuller’s Golden Pride, which at 8.5% ABV is not to be taken lightly. Sadly the box of eight, which I’d ordered from the brewery on-line shop, arrived with two bottles broken, having been very poorly packed. I am awaiting replies to my complaint.

……. Sadly the box of eight, which I’d ordered from the brewery on-line shop, arrived with two bottles broken, having been very poorly packed. I am awaiting replies to my complaint.
If it was delivered by Herpes (*) then good-luck with any complaint!

By accident I discovered that they had delivered something to me by “Leaving it in a safe and secure place.”

The delivery was a day earlier than stated and the “safe and secure place” was my doorstep - in full view of anyone passing along the street!

They mayhave changed their name but not their systems!
aheadbutt

(*) Like Herpes, the company has a reputation for delivering bad news!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back