What are you drinking tonight 2022?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nitro stout. Smooth.

17614050-EDF0-4120-A24A-8767A5F08052.jpeg

View attachment 71760
I kind of lost track of what glass this is as have being drinking my Saison for a while (nice thing about thirds in this heat is it never has time to warm up to much also I love this glass).
IMG_20220715_201908.jpg

The trouble is, my fave glass is a third of a litre, not a pint.
There may be trouble ahead......

Even this reply shows I have a way to go...I am going to have to good anhydrous salts now 🤦🏼‍♂️
Don't bother with Googling it, you're unlikely to be buying any anhydrous salts, unless you have a chemical laboratory supplier account .
Just use the on line water profile calculators which will just assume everything normally available to the home brewer. 👍

Don't bother with Googling it, you're unlikely to be buying any anhydrous salts, unless you have a chemical laboratory supplier account .
Just use the on line water profile calculators which will, just assume everything normally available to the home brewer. 👍
I did Google it... And wondered how anyone would exclude and moisture from the salts etc you buy.. I'll prob just go for creating sample smash and experiment within some of the given parameters

View attachment 71761
The trouble is, my fave glass is a third of a litre, not a pint.
There may be trouble ahead......
Technically this glass can take a 330ml can quite comfortably but it has a third of a pint marking so feel I should probably use it (also it’s a little over-carbonated so head room is handy).

Also I find Saisons really easy to over indulge on I think it’s how dry they are combined with the fairly high ABV. A 7% stout I would be sipping for an hour or so while this 7% Saison goes down so ridiculously easy.

Schwarzbier and a couple sour samples. The light pink one is a quava kettle sour that is quite good. Might need to change my stance on fruit beer... The darker pink one is a fruited brett sour and is also quite good. The samplers are plenty for me though. Onto the schwarzbier!

20220715_141512.jpg

Technically this glass can take a 330ml can quite comfortably but it has a third of a pint marking so feel I should probably use it (also it’s a little over-carbonated so head room is handy).

Also I find Saisons really easy to over indulge on I think it’s how dry they are combined with the fairly high ABV. A 7% stout I would be sipping for an hour or so while this 7% Saison goes down so ridiculously easy.
And we wonder why the French and Belgian farmers have such a laissez-faire attitude to life in general ! 🍻

Schwarzbier and a couple sour samples. The light pink one is a quava kettle sour that is quite good. Might need to change my stance on fruit beer... The darker pink one is a fruited brett sour and is also quite good. The samplers are plenty for me though. Onto the schwarzbier!

View attachment 71765
That’s a pretty decent sample of the guava kettle sour 😍. Out of interest, what is it about this fruit sour that is better than the other fruit beers you’ve tried? I ask because I’m making several fruited sours and nit sure what makes the difference between a good and a really good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back