What are you drinking tonight 2023.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Belgian pale next
IMG_20231121_194002.jpg

I love tasting brews over several days. This bitter is now bang on View attachment 92141
IMG_20231121_192933.jpg

Me too, my 3 day in-cask Exmoor .
Not fully cleared yet, but the frozen wet hops are showing well and moderately rich and fruity.
Glad I got the bittering under control this time.
Looking forward to and hoping it's even better when it's settled down.

IMG-20231118-WA0008.jpeg

Just a London porter AG kit but sneaked in some caco nibs and vanilla pods for a couple of weeks. Even if I say so myself, it's devine. Not much vanilla but the chocolate come across nicely without overload. Still young too, only 5-6 weeks old. It MIGHT survive till Santa comes. Maybe....

I’m starting tonight with my very cold 6.2% American Pale, Butterfly Effect. It has a clean dry finish and a lingering bitterness. I’m not getting a lot of malt flavour because it’s overpowered by hops which are slightly dank from the generous quantities of Mosaic, Cascade, and Citra - 5 additions in all.

41FA5CCD-807D-46CA-AE6E-F06450801F39.jpeg

IMG_2259.jpeg
The off-licence I often go to was out of stock of both my first and second choice for Märzen, so decided to give this one a try. And it’s not bad, perhaps a little less malty than I am used to but a perfectly respectable beer though won’t be taking the place of Klosterbrauerei or Monchshof Märzen once they get their delivery in on Friday.

View attachment 92152
Just a London porter AG kit but sneaked in some caco nibs and vanilla pods for a couple of weeks. Even if I say so myself, it's devine. Not much vanilla but the chocolate come across nicely without overload. Still young too, only 5-6 weeks old. It MIGHT survive till Santa comes. Maybe....
I've had the same idea but not the courage to try the vanilla and cocoa nibs addition.
May I ask what quantity you used of each?
Thanks
Matt

Jim is off work this week, so we've come out to get some CO2 and use the fast car charger near Selby. We've popped into Costa while we wait. Roasted Hazelnut Latte 😍

View attachment 92180
image.jpg
Well if we’re counting non alcoholic beverages now a delightful cup of tea made with leaf tea (Assam) infused with water just off boiling and a dash of whole milk and yes I really need to wipe down my desk and dust my monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back