What are you drinking tonight 2023.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• 20231215_192803.jpg
    20231215_192803.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Mead, bottled a little over two years ago.

First mead I've had in months, feels like much longer, no pic but you all know what mead's like right?

Pale gold, like delicate rays of sunshine caressing an erstwhile dim and gloomy space, long devoid of such splendour.
Fragrant floral notes, conjuring notions of freshly harvested honey, wildflowers and faint hints of dried fruit.
Rounded sweetness, faintly warming, layered flavours dancing and cavorting on the palette as a breath of fresh and fragrant air on a summers day or the embracing comfort of a favourite jumper on a winters eve.

Yeh...I think I probably shouldn't be off the mead for too long...it makes me a little...peculiar.
Very poetic description of mead there. 🍺
Summer transports of delight in a glass. 👍

Tried the first pint of a Mangrove Jacks Raspberry Berliner Weiss Beer. I made up a batch for Christmas and I have to say it tastes great and turned out really well. Happy with this brew.

Attachments

• IMG_0332.jpeg
    IMG_0332.jpeg
    34.7 KB · Views: 0
Took this photo in The Garrick bar in Belfast mid-afternoon. I had a quite few drinks either side of that one and the other Kilkenny that followed it.
It’s got a less roasty malt character than my attempt. I’m even more happy how it turned out now 😀.

View attachment 93312

If you've not seen, I put a v3 version of mine on yesterday so will send you one when it's ready in Jan.

Swapped Simpsons Light Crystal for a touch more mix of CaraRed and Crisp Light Crystal and upped the Roasted Barley a bit (another 10g 😁).

If you've not seen, I put a v3 version of mine on yesterday so will send you one when it's ready in Jan.

Swapped Simpsons Light Crystal for a touch more mix of CaraRed and Crisp Light Crystal and upped the Roasted Barley a bit (another 10g 😁).
Saw that in your brew thread. I’ve got a bit of bottling and posting to do tomorrow, a carbed version of Nitro Red is in the mix and heading your way.

In other news, I’m genuinely upset at the negative response the Budgies are getting on the forum. I’m very close digging out the photos of my full Tim Curry Frank-n-Furter appearance at a Halloween party a couple of years back. That’ll sort you lot out.
Coming to think of it, the hosts haven’t asked us back since 🤷‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back