What are you drinking tonight?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Am drinking the very last 2L bottle of my Blackberry Wheat Beer ( I think). Am unsure, because it is completely clear, from bottling in September, tastes nothing like it used to, except for a vague rose-like aroma and a distinct aftertaste that is also rose-like.

Is it the same beer?

I’m on the Pinot Grigio tonight. First time I’ve spent a night drinking alcohol but not beer in years.

@Ajhutch nice, one of my all time faves. I'm about to pop this one...

LEQUl6G.jpg

There's something about winter and big rich Belgian style beers isn't there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been on it most if the day, it is Christmas right? The missus n kids are fast asleep and I'm Just working my way through my second big sharing bottle (with my self) of cloudwater imperial stout. I had the barrel aged Christmas cake earlier oh my God this is just Christmas in a glass. Now the house is quiet gone for the speyside chocolate impy, whilst watching brewing vids on YouTube. Aah don't you just love Christmas.

DSC_0878.jpg

I had a Greene king gift box including the glass last night and thoroughly enjoyed the dark ale.Today down the pub with the father in law and three pints of Guinness to start.Dinner over and time to get tucked in to some HB when I get home although the Guinness was lush.....

The dregs of my Fullers ESB clone

Thought you might enjoy a pic of our tree....it's the exhaust from the fairy's jet-pack (in case you're wondering...)

1514313395399.jpg

My brother in law and his wife got me a couple of bottles of St Andrews Brewing Co beers for Christmas and I had them bother tonight:

Crail Ale - decent enough pale ale, nothing special.

80 Bob - nice and malty, preferred it to the Crail.

Another hot Summer's day here in NZ so what better than a nice crispy cold saison (or two)? :drunk:
As it happens I feel this one is perhaps a bit too phenolic... maybe more time required? However, served nice and cold it's actually OK. Wifey seems to like it so... :party:
I used Mangrove Jacks M29 French Saison yeast fermented at around 26ºC for this one:

6qhvlAf.jpg

Another hot Summer's day here in NZ so what better than a nice crispy cold saison (or two)? :drunk:
As it happens I feel this one is perhaps a bit too phenolic... maybe more time required? However, served nice and cold it's actually OK. Wifey seems to like it so... :party:
I used Mangrove Jacks M29 French Saison yeast fermented at around 26ºC for this one:

6qhvlAf.jpg

That’s a great colour you got there. What malts did you use to achieve that bright orange?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Had a Boon Kreik the other night and wondered if this is a good example of a sour or not? Tasted like cherry cider.

It's not bad as far as fruit beers go, however there's a huge difference between a kriek and a straight lambic or gueuze. I agree, kriek is quite cider like, but I can appreciate it for what it is. Gueuze is much more of an acquired taste but so much more complex, flavourful and interesting.

Had a Boon Kreik the other night and wondered if this is a good example of a sour or not? Tasted like cherry cider.

Boon kriek is not the best example, it is a tidy drop, I prefer it without the cherries it's much better. As for cherry beer I prefer kastelle rouge. 8% beer made with cherry brandy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back