What are you drinking tonight?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
now ive got that pumpkin ale out of the way...yuk I have just cracked my last litre bottle of honey ale that I brewed around 4 months ago.....that's better :thumb:

63a172348e4445763431b7a5009923a4.jpg

Started yesterday in order to empty to reuse... lovely drop I won't find it a hardship to finish before the end of the weekend. 😁

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

now for the grand finale a bottle of crafty dans triple C citra,centennial,chinook hops.no finer beer available than this at present.available at BM stores for 79P a 330 bottle.....................................................gorgeous

I had a bottle of Hobgoblin Gold tonight. I remember having it about a year ago and it was phenomenal! The Nelson Sauvin hit you straight away and the hop profile gave it a lovely kind of sweet and sour aftertaste. Tonight I was so disappointed, it just tasted like any old golden ale.

Have they changed the recipe? Or is my home brewing getting so good that commercial beer is now disappointing me? Gutted!

Back onto my lovely American Wheat now!

Edelweiss Wittbier. A little Austrian blonde. Cool, bubbley, flowery and morishly intoxicating...just what I need to warm the cockles on a chilly Saturday night....and the beer's not bad either...:wink:

I had a bottle of Hobgoblin Gold tonight. I remember having it about a year ago and it was phenomenal! The Nelson Sauvin hit you straight away and the hop profile gave it a lovely kind of sweet and sour aftertaste. Tonight I was so disappointed, it just tasted like any old golden ale.

Have they changed the recipe? Or is my home brewing getting so good that commercial beer is now disappointing me? Gutted!

Back onto my lovely American Wheat now!

Nelson Sauvin is rare and expensive of late. So quite possible the recipe has been tweaked.

There is the possibility that you are now making better beer than you can buy.

That is my perception. HB AG beer is hard to beat, given the advantage of time, over a commercial brew.

Got these from Beverley food festival today atom beers bloody brilliant

IMG_20161002_1147271_rewind.jpg

The one on the left without a label is called doctors orders it 10% only 50 bottles left it came in a fancy wrapping paper but that annoyed me so got rid but the beer is brilliant

Off on paternity leave so having medicinal beers to help me sleep... first up, 6 month old BLIPA which , given its molasses content, has started to really mellow.

d67bf39918db280ca6efbb7de778f955.jpg

Secondly, a similarly aged rye IPA with sorachi, centennial, Nelson Sauvin and Columbus. The last of its kind but being racked straight back in as a rebrew.

5c966d724f0645bcfc01d9e3b7a9a545.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Just tried an early sample of my wheat beer...I'm not disappointed! Next up my saaz cerveza which is growing on me then maybe a Wherry. .which are running out...

Cheers

Clint

Off on paternity leave so having medicinal beers to help me sleep... first up, 6 month old BLIPA which , given its molasses content, has started to really mellow.

I can't quite work out the BLIPA acronym, what does the L stand for? Also I may be mistaken but you're somewhat of a Star Wars fan?

I can't quite work out the BLIPA acronym, what does the L stand for? Also I may be mistaken but you're somewhat of a Star Wars fan?
BLack IPA - thinks it sounds better than BIPA imho :)

Yeah, actually my son's fault I'm such a fan. He's 5 and big on it...

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Been to 5 guys for a burger
Then brewdog Cardiff for chips and a .....
Dips
Born to die
A saison
Blackhammer

Then saw imo in motorpoint Cardiff
Followed by a resin in the railway inn

Pretty successful afternoon/evening if you ask me :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back