BrewCon 2023 Comp

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I were not on the other end of the country, I'd love to go to BrewCon. I need to plan for next year to make a weekend of it.

Sorry to steal your thread slightly, but is BrewCon worth going to?
Went last year and had a thoroughly good time. The talks were very good. Malt Miller had a stall with lots of shiny equipment although not sure if they're going to be there this year - I got the impression from speaking to Rob at MM that they wouldn't be, which is a shame because along with the shiny equipment they usually have a few kegs to tasty beer. And between Wild Card and Hackney Brewery, there's some good beer on offer. So I'm going again this year.

Looks like train strikes are messing with not having enough judges again! ashock1

I saw that and was a bit confused as there are no train strikes this weekend as far as I know. There was one yesterday and there is an overtime ban today and tomorrow, which may have some knock-on impact at the weekend but shouldn't be significant.

I just hope for everyone that has entered it doesn't end in the same debacle as last year...

I think they were hoping to get a lot of judging started from today so maybe they need more for Saturday to finish off.
Also the Pro Am is being judged at the event now where previously they were going to do some initial judging before.

Does anyone know if the results will be live streamed? Doubtful after last year, but just checking :)

Can anyone see if their entries have been marked as "received"? Mine and someone else I know (sent via different methods) are showing as not received.

Just wondering if they simply haven't bothered to mark the beers as received or if there is a potential issue with my entry.

Considering the “Shipping Coordinator” is the person who took 3 months to log the scores and 9 months to send out the prizes last year, I would assume he just hasn’t arsed to mark them as “received”.

The way its looking I wonder if there were any results announced last night?

It was a good day out, I was there all day 🥴🍻
IMG_20231007_132116.jpg
IMG_20231007_131827.jpg
IMG_20231007_141337.jpg
IMG_20231007_155612.jpg
IMG_20231007_144015.jpg

Latest posts

Back