Half Price Brand New Grainfather

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nice. I doubt they will ship. but if they do let us know!
although I am somewhat dubious of these auto Brew things...
I have one already, but would have given it a punt if I didn’t.
I think it’s a mistake thinking about it.

nice way to get a quick injection of cash into a business over a weekend before emptying the accounts once funds have cleared perhaps? but i have always been a tad cynical.. the stock 'engineer pics' on the about-us page of the site dont scream 'hombrewers' to me either..

Just gone through the order process to see what actually happens, it wont let you purchase it, one of their customer service team will contact you to confirm the price??? dodgy or what.

i will re phrase, it mis leading information, and if its advertised at this price, legally they have to offer it at this price.

But because i have not paid for it, because it wont let me ,it most definitely wont be £300 that's the catch

Last edited:
The optimist in me, wonders if they are just verifying that the buyers will use it and not resell for profit, given that they have apparently been offering the deal around homebrew groups.

If you read the product description it says that the product is £524.75 excl VAT.
If you stick in the VAT it comes in around £644.

I imagine the price highlighted is the wholesale price they bought it in for.

Whether or not they will go through the sale I can confirm they are definitely not a scam company. I have collected grain from them and they have a proper bricks and mortar warehouse, full of pallets of grain etc. They are nice people too, even carried my 2sacks of very cheap (£13) grain to the car. Furthermore, a quick look on the companies house website confirms that they are a subsidiary of Grain corp, an Aussie company listed on the ASX with a market cap of AUS 1.8bn.

If you read the product description it says that the product is £524.75 excl VAT.
If you stick in the VAT it comes in around £644.

I imagine the price highlighted is the wholesale price they bought it in for.
could be bulk buying price. I kind of dealt with these guys as I was looking to get a decent amount of grain and their grain prices were cheap, but after having to go through their rep etc it ended up being expensive to get it sent to the highlands where I live.
they did sound like a real company though. although their stocks are not very extensive. I note they don't have prices for hops either.

I reckon the guy uploading the stock onto the site entered the wholesale price from the invoice rather than the selling price.
When you add the VAT to the price in the description you get the same price that thehomebrewcompany sells them in Ireland

They are a legitimate company, they supply breweries etc with grain and other supplies, I help out at a microbrewery and have come accross them when looking into setting up my own brewing business. As above I suspect it is just an error with whoever set up the desription on the webstore entering the wrong price as the description includes the likely correct price.

Latest posts

Back