Half Price Brand New Grainfather

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just shows how much these can be discounted
Doesn't it just. As it's for the club and not a vital purchase, we'll just play the waiting game until someone else follows suit. More and more of these systems are hitting the market, so hopefully margins will get squeezed. I wonder how much stock people are sitting on at £600 a pop.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

I reckon they were just shifting them
As they hadnt sold them..no one else will do this price.
I agree. Stock can be sold at below purchase price and still not show as a loss when the carrying cost of inventory is taken into account. I just hope these all went to home brewers and not sharks trying to turn a quick profit at the expense of their fellow home brewers.

Doesn't it just. As it's for the club and not a vital purchase, we'll just play the waiting game until someone else follows suit. More and more of these systems are hitting the market, so hopefully margins will get squeezed. I wonder how much stock people are sitting on at £600 a pop.

That bargain was unprecedented, very much doubt you will see anything like it again.
Also not that much is hitting this part of the market, still just the ACE Brewer with it’s various badges, Bulldog Brewer and the Grainfather. Been that way for several years now.

Ordered one over the weekend and got an email saying I need to register at 11:30 today (god knows why as they had all my details except payment). Called at 12 to be told all sold out but they could put me on the list if any did not go through. Good marketing ploy? Would be interested to see how many people actually get one.

Ordered one over the weekend and got an email saying I need to register at 11:30 today (god knows why as they had all my details except payment). Called at 12 to be told all sold out but they could put me on the list if any did not go through. Good marketing ploy? Would be interested to see how many people actually get one.

Got one :) They got caught out by the interest I think. Not geared up for web operations. Also have to do the same when you order malt, which is worth it as it’s cheap as chips and superb quality.

Tried to order 25kg of malt today but it just doesn't work, not a way to run a web based business if you ask me.

Not really a web based business though, more geared up for bulk supply. It is worth persevering with it as the malt is cheap and more importantly is excellent.

I believe they are working on improvements to the web side of things. I’m happy anyway [emoji3]

Not really a web based business though, more geared up for bulk supply. It is worth persevering with it as the malt is cheap and more importantly is excellent.

I believe they are working on improvements to the web side of things. I’m happy anyway [emoji3]
I have a website,and it works,no point in having one really if nothing works,they should state under construction,otherwise people will click elsewhere.

I have a website,and it works,no point in having one really if nothing works,they should state under construction,otherwise people will click elsewhere.

But aren't they geared towards trade accounts rather than retail, in which case immediate web payment wouldn't be the norm. Trade customers would click elsewhere if they were asked for immediate payment.

I would guess as they are more of a retail business, they bought those GF's for professional breweries to use for creating test batches.
But obviously for some reason they did not sell, so they decided to clear them out and get the shelf space and initial cost back.

Toy's out the pram lol
Not really, just there are plenty of other vendors who make transactions easier. They sold out, it happens. To not communicate whether an order has or hasn't been accepted doesn't encourage further dealings.

Not really, just there are plenty of other vendors who make transactions easier. They sold out, it happens. To not communicate whether an order has or hasn't been accepted doesn't encourage further dealings.

Hi,

We are very sorry we were unable to supply you with one of our Grainfather 1/2 price deals. Unfortunately, due to a large volume of orders, we sold out very quickly. All customers - whether they contacted us by telephone, requested an order through our website or emailed us, were sent a new customer account form and it was explained that our stock was very limited and to call us to check availability or return the form ASAP to increase chances of being able to purchase one.

We are extremely sorry you were accidentally cut off late yesterday afternoon, and I would be happy to speak with you further on your experience if you could please send us your contact details or please call us at a time convenient for you. Please feel free to ask for Siobhan and I will be happy to discuss this with you further.

Once again, we can only apologise that our product sold out so quickly and we were unable to supply.

Kind regards,

Siobhan Lakey

Last edited by a moderator:
Back