July Competition - Freestyle

Help Support The HomeBrew Forum:

stigman

Landlord.
Reaction score
I've got a mango Lassi kettle sour that will be ready smells amazing in the fv. Pm me your address please Steve.

Ray1314

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well here we are in July already which means a new competition category. This month is Freestyle which means anything goes, whatever you've got send it in athumb..

I have the pleasure of judging this one and I'll be getting a few mates round to help, ranging from some craft beer snobs to those who know nothing about the beer "scene" but know what they like, which should hopefully get some differering perspectives.

Judging date hasn't been confirmed as yet, but it'll be either the 3rd or 10th of August, I'll update this when confirmed. Also there will be a small prize for the winner (and possibly for 2nd and 3rd place depending on entry numbers :D) so get your entries in!

If you'd like to enter then let me know by posting here or by PM and I'll give you the address.

Oh and if this is your first time then don't be shy, all feedback will be sent via PM and so won't be made public.
Afternoon

Can you PM me your address please? Hope you like grapefruit IPA’s, I see I’m the second person going to be entering one this month

Ray

uDicko

Regular.
Reaction score
Think I'm going to hold on right to the last minute. You decided if you are judging on the 3rd or the 10th yet?

Oneflewover

Landlord.
Reaction score
On its way, now I'm really not sure if this going to be embarrassment with my humble golden ale, no hop bomb, just English hops.
Sounds good to me. I'm feeling a bit meh about heavily dry hopped beers at the moment but loved drinking a simple golden ale I brewed recently

samale

Landlord.
Reaction score
How to you judge multiple beers. Do you judge them all in one night or do you spread it over the course of a few nights. I find when switching beers it has a big impact on the next beers taste compared to tasting fresh as it being your first drink of the night. If that makes sense

strange-steve

Quantum Brewer
Reaction score
How to you judge multiple beers. Do you judge them all in one night or do you spread it over the course of a few nights. I find when switching beers it has a big impact on the next beers taste compared to tasting fresh as it being your first drink of the night. If that makes sense
Yeah I agree, there is a definite impact when judging multiple beers in one sitting. We try to keep the effect to a minimum by using palate cleansers (water, unsalted crackers etc.) and allowing a little time between beers but it'll never be perfect.