May Brew and Swap - Saison

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That’s me done, 21L in the conical at 1.060. It’s going to be a feisty one.
F4C05C97-F635-4F99-A80B-F1388045A058.jpeg

I have a simple saison done a few weeks now. Was just pilsner malt sugar and a Belgian ale yeast from crossmyloof so not 100% convinced it can be classed as a true saison but it’s bitter and dry and punchy so I will try it in a few weeks and if I feel it’s near enough I will be happy to share.

Mine ended up at 1.053 so hopefully will end up around the 6% mark.. Misread my hop additions and put 10g in at 60mins instead of the 0 mins addition so the IBU’s might be a bit high.

I diluted back to 1.058 so not far of. I was aiming for 6.5%
I was sitting with just under 20L in the kettle at 1.060 before the honey went in! There was a lot more grain absorption this time for what ever reason. I liquored back to 23L, the honey added the extra boost.
Its a bit darker than I expected and the IBU is lower than I would have gone for, but it’s a Greg Hughes recipe, so I stuck with the plan.

I was sitting with just under 20L in the kettle at 1.060 before the honey went in! There was a lot more grain absorption this time for what ever reason. I liquored back to 23L, the honey added the extra boost.
Its a bit darker than I expected and the IBU is lower than I would have gone for, but it’s a Greg Hughes recipe, so I stuck with the plan.
Sounds interesting, never used honey before in a saison.

Back