The Coronavirus thread.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in London, but I'm not working. I was talking to a friend who went back to work last week. They're pretty upset about having to be on the tube. But don't have a choice. Stood shoulder to shoulder with hundreds of people for half an hour.

Pretty grim.

I'm in London, but I'm not working. I was talking to a friend who went back to work last week. They're pretty upset about having to be on the tube. But don't have a choice. Stood shoulder to shoulder with hundreds of people for half an hour.

Pretty grim.

I had to catch the train yesterday to work as my back is playing up so I cant cycle (have a chiropractor appointment today to sort it out). Perhaps it's because I go the opposite way to most commuters (from the inside of London to the outside) plus I made sure I didnt travel in rush hour. But there were about 3 people in my carriage both ways and for quite a bit of the journey home, I was in the carriage alone

I had to catch the train yesterday to work as my back is playing up so I cant cycle (have a chiropractor appointment today to sort it out). Perhaps it's because I go the opposite way to most commuters (from the inside of London to the outside) plus I made sure I didnt travel in rush hour. But there were about 3 people in my carriage both ways and for quite a bit of the journey home, I was in the carriage alone

Tbh, I was kind of expecting this, having looked through train windows when cycling to and from work previously. However normally If I get the train I have to catch the London overground (a bit like tube trains but all overground). These I was expecting to be busy so I walked the 3/4 hour to Waterloo instead. Waterloo was virtually empty. I only ever see it like that at 11.30 at night not 8.30 in the morning when it's normally rammed

You can tell when Dlmald is telling porkies he says something stupid then realises after it's left his mouth he has said ir he then repeats it again to convince us he is telling the truth.

He repeats himself a lot.

Last edited:
Also isnt this the drug he and is family has a vested interest in (shares in the company etc)?

It was mentioned on the news this morning.
A doctor has said one side effect is it can make your hair fall out so fingers crossed.

Poor owd duck.
I bet she's really struggling
1589876684131.png

London at one point was the by far the worst place for spreading/catching the virus, tube trains were packed no masks were being worn and that was after the government told us all to keep 2 meters apart, you cannot blame the government for peoples stupidity.
I would hope that the government factors in the stupidity of the British Public.

I think the press are stirring things up and undermining SOME of the work the uk gov't is doing. There was a widespread news story about the lockdown restrictions being eased on a recent Monday. The govt were worried about people unlockdowning (i'm copyrighting this word :laugh8:)before an announcement. There was no such announcement and how many broke the regulations thinking why not? It's coming to the end... How many cases were caused by that?

I'm sure ministers believe we are generally thick, I got the stay at home, protect NHS, save lives advice after watching the first briefing. I wears a bit thin repeating it ad nauseum. However, those that need it drummed into them are unlikely to be watching those briefings anyway :confused.:

Face masks is an area of concern in that Govt don't want people to wear a mask and then stop socially distancing or washing their hands etc because they feel safe wearing a mask.

I'd be worried about those with symptoms going out to supermarkets but wearing a mask thinking they can't spread it. sigh...

To quote @Northern_Brewer - It's complicated

Pretty grim.

I don’t think I’ll ever understand how they think I t is not ok to sit in the beer garden of a pub and have a beer but it’s fine to get on the tube!

What time are people finding the supermarket quietest for the big shop? Last Monday lunch time at a big Tesco took 50 mins of queuing to get in.

We were doing ours on click and collect with Sainsbury's but have ventured out the last few weeks. Tesco in Holbeach was a nightmare. Orderly queues to get in then a free for all once they were allowed in. That said Lidl has been great both times I have been in recently and with some people now back at work I haven't been in a queue at all in the Spalding and a good proportion of people wearing masks too. I went about 1pm last Monday and 3pm the previous Thursday.

My parents go to Sainsbury's at around 6.30pm as they say that is quiet.

It was illegal to use but not have as you day unless you had a license which back then was about £16.
Its like buying a still which is perfectly legal as you can heat water or even make wort but if you use it for its intended purpose it then becomes illegal unless you have a license.

I believe that it is illegal to make spirits only because HMRC want to tax you on how much you make. :(

Any one fancy volunteering to pick Prince Charles crops when their on furlough?

"Britain should rediscover the “great movement” of the Land Army to bring in the harvest, the Prince of Wales has said, as he urges those capable to make a “vital contribution to the national effort”.

The Prince, who described the work of picking fruit and vegetables as “unglamorous and, at times, challenging”, said the “hard graft” would be “hugely important” to avoid food waste as the side-effects of the corona pandemic continue"

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-f...-charles-urges-new-land-army-take-hard-graft/
Not that's he's got any vested interest in this of course

https://whoownsengland.org/2017/03/15/what-land-does-the-duchy-of-cornwall-own/
Those crops wont pick themselves peasants!

Latest posts

Back