What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Finishing bottling my Belgian pale. Have the batch has been dosed with Orval dreggs and the half without. Tasting the leftovers from bottling. Whitelabs Bastogne yeast is tasty, more subtle than Ardennes, more fruity (maybe slight banana aroma, not flavour).
IMG_20201016_205159.jpg

The flat plain version is tasty enough...it's IPA time I think🍺

Trying @strange-steve lemon Saison.
Pours with a lovely light white head, carbonation for me is spot on.
Lovely aroma, lemon is bouncing of the bubble's, yeast is restraint but is in the background, citrus slightly peppery.
Taste again is predominantly lemon, very light with a nice dry finish. Really nice balance. As it warms you can get more flavours of the yeast. This would be a lovely summer drink. Light, crisp, citrus and very easy to drink for a 7% beer.
I really enjoyed this the lemon addition really played well with the hops and yeast.
Thank you for sharing 😊
IMG_20201016_204024890.jpg

Finishing this one now. It’s a nice beer but I think like some other folk I’m starting to get a bit weary of really hoppy ales because they’re becoming quite “samey”.

View attachment 34211
blasphemy!

citra galaxy and mosaic hazies are like that, everyone's brewing them cause they are good and relatively easy to make.

This sounds interesting, is this your own beer

Yep, it’s from last year’s batch of homemade “lambic” so about 18 months from brew day, been in the bottle about 6 months.

Yep, it’s from last year’s batch of homemade “lambic” so about 18 months from brew day, been in the bottle about 6 months.
Brilliant stuff I enjoy reading the mixed fermentation thread. I just dipped my toe in with my first Brett beer. Just waiting on it to carb

Finishing bottling my Belgian pale. Have the batch has been dosed with Orval dreggs and the half without. Tasting the leftovers from bottling. Whitelabs Bastogne yeast is tasty, more subtle than Ardennes, more fruity (maybe slight banana aroma, not flavour).View attachment 34226

The flat plain version is tasty enough...it's IPA time I think🍺
I have a Belgian pale ale planned for next week. what hops did you use, I have Saaz, EKG and tettnang to choose from

I have a Belgian pale ale planned for next week. what hops did you use, I have Saaz, EKG and tettnang to choose from
This particular batch had Styrian Golding & Hersbrucker. In previous batches I have used all of the hops you have, probably Tettnang the most.

Trying @strange-steve lemon Saison.
Pours with a lovely light white head, carbonation for me is spot on.
Lovely aroma, lemon is bouncing of the bubble's, yeast is restraint but is in the background, citrus slightly peppery.
Taste again is predominantly lemon, very light with a nice dry finish. Really nice balance. As it warms you can get more flavours of the yeast. This would be a lovely summer drink. Light, crisp, citrus and very easy to drink for a 7% beer.
I really enjoyed this the lemon addition really played well with the hops and yeast.
Thank you for sharing 😊
View attachment 34227
Glad you enjoyed it mate :hat:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back