What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just finished a weizenbock from @pilgrimhudd , yes it's gone and no review but he did send me two so the next one will get a formal one. Overall I rather enjoyed it, it was nice and malty with a bit of tart wheat kick with some really nice raisin and dried stone fruit flavours. I did get a bit of banana and bubblegum in the aroma up front so this one is ticking all the boxes. I l will drink the next one over Christmas as I think a bit of age will be nice.

Thanks for sending!

View attachment 36954

Looks a bit like ditch water in that pic! 😁

Glad you enjoyed it though, im quite pleased with how it turned out.

Behind door 5 of my advent was this 11.3% imperial maple brown ale from Wylam.
I'm starting it early so I've got a chance of finishing it before bedtime.
There's very little aroma (maybe a bit cold) but lots of nutty maple sweetness in the flavour and its very clean for the strength.
acheers.
View attachment 36955
Raging I didn't get an advent calendar, my only problem is I work shifts. It would mean drinking 4 or 5 days in one night 🥳

There's very little aroma (maybe a bit cold) but lots of nutty maple sweetness in the flavour and its very clean for the strength.
acheers.
View attachment 36955

“Bed-time” may come before the end of the can at that strength! 😂

Looks a bit like ditch water in that pic! 😁

Glad you enjoyed it though, im quite pleased with how it turned out.
yeah I need to channel some strange-steve photography one of these days. And my 6 year old phone isn't great for pics.

Behind door №5 Vault city brew, blueberry pumpkin spice latte.... Too sour for me so it's gone to Mrs FG 🤣
IMG_20201205_181603_720.jpg

acheers.
View attachment 36955
Had a family member living up North a while back. Had some great Wylam beers when visiting. Doesn't seem to be distributed far om general though?

Raging I didn't get an advent calendar, my only problem is I work shifts. It would mean drinking 4 or 5 days in one night 🥳
I've looked at them for a few years, but usually can't partake in a reasonable manner. This year I mostly have the opportunity, so went for it. I may have to get slightly ahead of myself at the end though!

On taxi duty tonight so this intriguing offering from Badger will be waiting in the fridge for my return -

Well worth the wait ! Not a huge difference from the original just hoppier and much bitter finish - very tasty
IMG_2020-12-05-00-23-27-756.jpg

Almost finished this Youngs American IPA but have the Mangrove Jacks equivalent cold crashing
to barrel tomorrow
IMG_2020-12-05-17-41-27-896 (1).jpg

Had a family member living up North a while back. Had some great Wylam beers when visiting. Doesn't seem to be distributed far om general though?
I went to my not so local bottle shop in Eltham (outskirts of SE London) today and they had a few Wylam beers.
I may have gone a little overboard, but it was my first visit since before Lockdown V1.
20201205_145616.jpg

I went to my not so local bottle shop in Eltham (outskirts of SE London) today and they had a few Wylam beers.
I may have gone a little overboard, but it was my first visit since before Lockdown V1.
View attachment 36963
Spent a week in Northumberland (but not in Newcastle) 18 months or so ago and failed to find any there! Had a few off licences and bars tell me they don't can much and it's not really distributed. Got to love London, anything you ever wanted to buy...

Half of the beers I bought today are for secret santa commercial beer swaps. Wasn't till I got home that I realised the 500ml Deya cans would be a dead giveaway.
Such a shame.... I've had to keep them for myself
20201205_191906.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back