What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Discovered half a dozen bottles of Breweferm Orangje Bock I made about 7 year ago when looking out some empty grolsch bottles so had to crack one open......it’s still great!

79C8A727-0BE1-4E90-AE90-24AAFA39EFF2.jpeg

A Helles that I got with a 'free' beer 52 order. Exclusively hopped with german noble hops apparently. I'm not too keen, its bready, a bit too sweet for me, and although started off with a nice fluffy head it quickly disappeared and is pretty flat.
20210324_200106.jpg

A Helles that I got with a 'free' beer 52 order. Exclusively hopped with german noble hops apparently. I'm not too keen, its bready, a bit too sweet for me, and although started off with a nice fluffy head it quickly disappeared and is pretty flat. View attachment 43863

I’ve one of those in the fridge at home, will be drinking it this weekend, Ill report back on whether I agree or agree to differ.

TonIght I’m drinking real Draught Guinness in a Dublin hotel. Unfortunately, I was working from early doors today and have the same to do tomorrow, so I‘m capped at 3 pints for the evening. It is delicious.

Just poured a Buxton/omnipollo lemon meringue ice cream sorbet. Forgot to take a photo though.

It's actually not bad and SWMBO really likes it.

Starting quite late tonight with a Munich Pale Ale kindly donated by @samale The label says it’s 5% and hopped using Chinook, Cascade, and Amarillo.

8E4F3DF8-01C1-4B91-8DB9-A3008F643354.jpeg

Carbonation is soft but nice and the light head stuck around. The colour is golden brown and the beer is just a touch hazy.

The aroma of toffee malt and spice is backed up in the flavour along with floral and pine notes. The bitterness is balanced nicely by the malt and really only becomes noticeable at the finish which is nice and dry.

Thanks very much for sharing this ale with me, I think the colour could be a little more pale (or you could call it an Amber 😉 ) but it’s very nice either way. Thank you!

Starting quite late tonight with a Munich Pale Ale kindly donated by @samale The label says it’s 5% and hopped using Chinook, Cascade, and Amarillo.

View attachment 43865

Carbonation is soft but nice and the light head stuck around. The colour is golden brown and the beer is just a touch hazy.

The aroma of toffee malt and spice is backed up in the flavour along with floral and pine notes. The bitterness is balanced nicely by the malt and really only becomes noticeable at the finish which is nice and dry.

Thanks very much for sharing this ale with me, I think the colour could be a little more pale (or you could call it an Amber 😉 ) but it’s very nice either way. Thank you!
I think I did call it my Munich not so pale ale 😃
Not a big fan of Amarillo, that was to use what was left👍

Last edited:
Finished bottling..went to pour a glass of DIPA, 200ml and it kicked...space to keg the kernel export Indian Porter clone at the weekend 🥳
Free up the fermenter for my Golden Ale New Zealand style (Ella & Nelson) being brewed on Sunday. Half pour of DIPA won't do so a Czech Amber it is🍺
IMG_20210324_215046.jpg

Tinned confit is a treat. Ditto cassoulet. I have a fondness for bottled fish soup too, the red stuff as murky as the water in a Breton harbour.
I guess it will be contraband when travel allowed as no health certificate to go with it. 😔 no stinky cheese either. Going to be difficult working out what can be brought back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back