What are you drinking tonight 2022?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Earlier had a NEIPA (Simcoe & Citra) from @samale . Nice pale colour ,no sign of oxidation 👍
It had a decent head which stuck around till the end. Hop aroma was subtle pine, didn't get much of the Citra. Mouth feel was smooth with a typical NEIPA body with a light bitterness.Flavour was more Simcoe than Citra.
Well brewed and packaged beer, easy drinking. Maybe a little lacking in hop punch as the fruity/citrus flavours weren't as strong as I was expecting. Very nice beer but just needed a little impact from the hops. Thanks for sharing 🍺
View attachment 64526
I wasn't sure on this beer. I seem to struggle with hop aroma when brewing a Neipa. Also that beer is a raw ale, no boil no chill

I wasn't sure on this beer. I seem to struggle with hop aroma when brewing a Neipa. Also that beer is a raw ale, no boil no chill
Interesting..I wouldn't have known about the raw element. Maybe that could effect how the hop oils take up, I don't know much about the raw beer process and things could change compared to a boiled wort

Interesting..I wouldn't have known about the raw element. Maybe that could effect how the hop oils take up, I don't know much about the raw beer process and things could change compared to a boiled wort
In general I struggle with that style boiled or not. I just checked a pale ale with a fraction of the same hops. It has loads more aroma and flavor.

Last for tonight. Keezer build tomorrow and need to have my wits about me.
IMG_20220311_225636.jpg

In general I struggle with that style boiled or not. I just checked a pale ale with a fraction of the same hops. It has loads more aroma and flavor.
Hmmmm . interesting. Can't help with that, If other styles are getting a stronger hop profile not sure what the difference would be as it wasn't oxidised

El Dorada IPA, brewed by @phildo79. Weighs in at 9% and brewed with the Pliny The Elder water profile and its eye watering SO4 addition. Fantastic beer, the hops, malt and bitterness are all balanced. The bitterness is surprisingly subtle and soft, the high ABV is in no way apparent, the mouthfeel is soft with a great length of flavour.
Excellent brew, thanks for sharing it :hat:

View attachment 64239
Hmmm, something has gone wrong
DSC_0004.JPG

I occasionally indulge in a half whole brewing but on the whole large amounts of boiling liquid and alcohol probably not a good mix.

As for your beer a true southern English pint with a head like that.
Hi @obscure,
Sage words.
I had similar thoughts, and did drink with food and spread over the brew evening.
I was a professional chemist in my day, so do have a strong instinctive attention to safety related procedures.
All went well in the end.
See my 'what are you brewing today' if you're interested.
It was a stuck mash Pilsner attempt.
🙄👍🍻

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back