What are you drinking tonight 2022?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_20220220_183532_459.jpg

Working through the last of the Golden Ale so I can make room for the Belgian Blonde.

Recipe please! :)

I'm assuming you meant the recipe for the Golden Ale:

Malts (all from Crisp):
3.2kg Extra Pale Maris Otter
250g Caramalt
50g Crystal 150

Hops:
15g Challenger - 60mins
25g East Kent Goldings - 10mins
25g East Kent Goldings and 50g Willamette - 20mins Hop Stand at 75degC

Yeast:
Wyeast British Ale (1098) pitched at 0.75million cells/ml

Mash for 60 minutes at 65degC then mash out at 75degC for 10 minutes.

Fermented at 20degC for 10days and then cold crashed for 4 days prior to transfer.

Can't remember the specifics of the water profile off the top of my head but can dig it out of my notes if needed.

All the above us for a 20L batch that comes out at 4% ABV.

Last nights triple courtesy of Al70 above!

edit tipple not triple! Haha

Attachments

• 72F33050-930F-4A5B-8E13-4C9793930CC6.jpeg
    72F33050-930F-4A5B-8E13-4C9793930CC6.jpeg
    47.8 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
First try of my Talus IPA tonight. First time with this hop and still trying to work out if I like it or not

I quite like beers that use Talus but don't think I've ever had it in a single hop beer. What is the flavour/aroma like?
[/QUOTE

I’m getting a lot of coconut oil. The best way I can describe it is It’s sort of like drinking a beer with suntan oil all round your chops.

I’m getting a lot of coconut oil. The best way I can describe it is It’s sort of like drinking a beer with suntan oil all round your chops.

Interesting. I know it's derived from Sabro which has big coconut flavours but I don't tend to pick that up so much from Talus. Maybe it's more to do with how it works in combination with other hops though.

That's a fine looking kegerator. How are you finding the boel tap
Thanks. Really like the itap so far. I got the version that does crown caps for £80 from AliExpress and 3d printed the other clamps for pet bottles and the longer neck crown caps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back