What are you drinking tonight 2022?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kicking off this evening with an English Bitter (if we ignore the sneaky stout I had earlier preparing for tomorrow’s brew-day).

A72244CD-C4A3-4D5A-B2A6-7176A4837B18.jpeg

First taste of my Sarah Hughes-ish Dark Mild. This was my first troublesome brew in a while - off my numbers, awkward start to fermentation. I had worried it was going to be undrinkable.

On first evidence, it's not too bad. Some estery notes that I think come from stressed yeast. Time will see if they fade a bit. Head retention could also be better, although I went light on the carbonation. On the plus side, it carries its 6.5% alcohol very easily.

I'll stick the rest away in the cellar for a sleep and try one again in a few weeks.

Was planting out my cabbages this arvo, got some rain. A good excuse to call it a day and have a beer.
Eskdale's remaining bottle of Baltic Porter caught my eye, though the weather isn't cold at the moment decided to drink the remaining bottle as I have my own Baltic Porter planned for next week.
Carbonation is spot on as is the ABV can still detect some molasses, just faintly. Only a sipping beer, saw off a triangle of Stilton with still about 150 ml to go. An excellent example of Baltic Porter.

View attachment 67358 View attachment 67359
It could be the molasses you are picking up may be from the soft brown sugar I used to carbonate the beer.

Emma

My Saison might not be to everyone's taste. It's hopped with hallertau blanc, so not really traditional.
Sounds great, wish I could give it a try. I will defintely brew up a batch at some point.

First taste of my 5am saint attempt. 6 weeks since brew day but needs anotherI 6 again I reckon. Not getting a lot from it. Very clean but a bit boring. Getting nothing from the 200g dry hop. Hopefully the malt flavours will develop with time.

Attachments

• 161C6022-8E65-4F58-8311-71E4934BCD7F.jpeg
    161C6022-8E65-4F58-8311-71E4934BCD7F.jpeg
    34.8 KB · Views: 6
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back